10.18.2012

Life Update: Buying A House!

Cody and I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a house. It's weird for me to even say those words because it feels surreal. It doesn't feel like it's going to actually happen. It feels like just a dream or something fun to talk about, not real. I just talked with a lender yesterday and she is starting the preapproval process for us already. She also recommended a realtor for me. I said I wanted someone honest and straight forward. I want someone to talk me out of a bad decision that we may make. Meaning, don't fall in love with a house that's falling apart or too expensive for us!!!

If all works out, this will be our third house. We are being pretty picky since we know we won't live here forever and we want it to be good for resale. We can't just think about "us" and what we love. Location is key and lots of space. I have fallen in love with probably 5 houses already and watched them sell! :( Currently I am loving older homes with character!

House Title1House1

The photos are horrible, I know! This house is at the top of my list. It's not overly large, but it will work. The outside isn't that cute but I know I can add curb appeal with landscaping so I am kinda up for the challenge. My favorite thing is the wood floors!!!! The house was built in 1940 and the original hardwood has been refinished. Also, all new windows!

House2 House Title2 House3

That above room is a enclosed sunroom! We are thinking we'd like this as an office/sitting area. Our pets would love this room. It's a bonus area for us and still has 3 additional bedrooms and a finished basement. I need a space for a future nursery and guests. BUT, let's get real! The REAL reason I want a house is to FREAKIN decorate. I haven't painted a room since 2010! I am having withdrawls. I love painting rooms and picking out paint colors. Drooling over paint swatches!
House Title3e9e5626c14c311e2818012313d191de1_7

So now we wait. I am sure we will get to look at homes soon, but I'm not sure. The whole problem for us is from our past. We had to do a short sale on our last house causing us to not be able to get a home mortgage for 2 years. Sadly, it's looking like that date is now going to be January of 2013! Our realtor tells us not to worry about it too much and that we can still make offers. So, here goes to the beginning of the emotional roller coaster that comes with buying a home. Should be interesting. I am scared and excited at the same time. *Wish me Luck* I can't wait to start painting! Moving sucks, but the happiness I will feel to get that key is all worth it.

7 comments:

  1. Sooo happy and excited for you!!!! I know you must be nervous, but it'll all be worth it. OMG Jessie. You can do a striped ceiling, chevron.. anything and everything you want. Keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! Finally, freedom to decorate Jessie style. lol

      Delete
  2. It's so cute! I hope you all get some good news about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that must be so exciting! I think that house looks so beautiful. I can't wait to get older and start looking for my own little home :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Can't wait to watch you decorate and paint! I wish I could paint my place. Would you do anything to the fireplace and mantel? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fireplace would be painted or replaced with tile. Not sure yet. :) The other house we are looking at has a nicer bigger fireplace.

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.