10.22.2012

DISNEY VACATION: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Be prepared to see a lot of pictures! I liked so many that it was hard for me to narrow it down. I am sure I took over 2000 pictures on our vacation at Disney World!

For my second Disney post, I wanted to feature Hollywood Studios! We love this park and it was the first place we went. During this trip to Disney we found that most days Magic Kingdom was very busy. We are not a fan of huge crowds so we did spend a lot of time at Hollywood Studios. Hollywood Studios is themed around old Hollywood glam! Lots of movie themed rides and decorations. The park has a very Art Deco feel to it. One of our favorite things at HS is the Toy Story ride, Midway Mania.

DisneyVacation Title HW Studios Disney Hollywood Studios 4

The Toy Story ride is one of the most popular rides and everyone wants to ride it at the same time. The key is to get to the park as soon as it opens and get a Fastpass. The Fastpass gives you a time slot to come back later and ride it without waiting in line. The ride is so popular that they run out for the entire day with in a few hours of the park opening. If you don't get a Fastpass for Toy Story you can expect to wait 1 - 2 hours in line to ride it. :( Not fun! When the park first opens you can see families running or power walking their way to the Toy Story ride,...kinda crazy!

Disney Hollywood Studios 2
Photos of the waiting area for the ride. Lots of big toy displays and Mr. Potato Head!
You are inside the entire time, so the air conditioning feels really good since it's always so hot in Florida!
Disney Hollywood Studios 1Us wearing our 3-D glasses!

What is the toy story ride you may ask? It's a fun 3-D target shooting game with all the Toy Story characters in it. You ride in a little car and aim and shot at targets to get the highest score against the person sitting next to you. This vacation was the first time I beat Cody!!! I actually won the first time we played and Cody's face was priceless. He was so shocked! We love to be competitive with each other! So if you want to ride Midway Mania, plan ahead! Get to the park early and go to the ride right away. Grab a Fastpass and then hop in line. You'll probably only wait 20 - 30 minutes if you get there early!

Disney Hollywood Studios 3

Another thing we love to do at Disney is get our photo taken with some of the characters. This vacation we didn't do it much because we pretty much had our photos taken with everyone already. I still need to get my picture taken with Daisy! She is so adorable and the line to get your photo taken with her is always long!! I had to leave some things to do for our next Disney vacation. Below is a cute bird that we were giving pieces of bread to while eating lunch. He was so tame and sweet...

Disney Hollywood Studios 5

Our second favorite ride at HS is The Hollywood Tower of Terror. This ride is based off the old television show the Twilight Zone. This ride is a bit scary and I would be lying if I said I didn't get nervous when I ride it. You ride in an "elevator" and you enter the "twilight zone". The ride is free falling were you go up and down! The best part is it's different every time.

Disney Hollywood Studios 6
Photo of the big Mickey Hat when you first walk in the park & Tigger stuffed animals!!!Disney Hollywood Studios 8The balloons are so magical!
Lots of "non-Vegan" treats at Disney! HA! We did enjoy a soft pretzel and popcorn while we were there.
Disney Hollywood Studios 7

One of my favorite things at HS is the Muppet ride and the Muppet store. The Muppet ride is a 3-D movie that is very humorous and very fun to watch! The store is full of all kinds of cute stuffed animals and other Muppet souvenirs. Isn't the outside of the building so cool looking? Who is your favorite Muppet? I love Gonzo.

Disney Hollywood Studios 9

Cody made a little friend while we were eating. Not only are the birds tame, so are all the ducks. So cute! Here is a short video of Cody feeding a duck. Very funny...


They have a parade in the late afternoon which is really fun to watch. It features lots of Pixar characters and dancers. Here we are waiting for the parade to start, it was so hot and I felt like I was melting!!

Hollywood Studios 10
I love seeing all the floats and characters! Great photo opportunities...
Disney Hollywood Studios 11
Disney Hollywood Studios 12

Here is a video of people dancing before the parade. I enjoyed watching others but there is no way in hell I would get out there! Pay attention to the old guy in the gray shirt towards the end! So funny!


If you ever go to HS I recommend the Beauty and The Beast Show! Very entertaining!
Disney Hollywood Studios 13

This vacation we did the Backlot Tour Ride where you go behind threw some movie sets and see how they make scenes come to life in the movies. It was neat too see. I enjoyed the movie props at the end of the ride the best. Like the Evil Queens dress from Alice in Wonderland...

Disney Hollywood Studios 14
How about more yummy treats?
I love that Disney pays attention to every small detail!
Disney Hollywood Studios 15

One of my favorite photos I snapped was this one with the little boy walking up to the Toy Solider from Toy Story. He wanted his autograph. Most of the kids were scared of the solider's walking around and hid from them, not this kid....

Disney Hollywood Studios 16

So did I make you want to go to Hollywood Studios? Your welcome. :) If you'd like to know more about this park please just ask me in the comments. There is tons of other rides and things to see. I just focused on some of our favorite things from this vacation. If you have been, what's your favorite thing to do at Hollywood Studios?

See my other Disney Vacation Posts Here:

Downtown Disney
What I Wore {Meeting Alice}

Many more posts to come!

15 comments:

  1. Yay a disney post! We have ONLY the the tower of terror at Disneyland Paris, none of the others, how unfair! Really like the pictures though :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would be excited for this post! ;) At least you have the Tower of Terror, that is one of the best rides!

      Delete
  2. Yay Disney! Seeing all the characters, Oh I wanna go again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun. Disney just sucks you right in! LOL

      Delete
  3. Amazing photos! I love your dress too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That dress is one of my favorites. Love the fun colors, perfect to wear at Disney. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh this looks like such fun! You guys always have the most exciting adventures! :) I haven't been to disney land or world since I was a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally go! We do try to have adventures. lol This one was expensive. ;)

      Delete
  5. hey i actually went to disneyland this past wednesday... tons of fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go to Disneyland someday. I have a feeling we will move to California eventually. :)

      Delete
  6. The Hollywood Tower of Terror ride scares me so much! I hate elevators anyway, so I have no clue why I thought it would be a good idea to go on it in the first place. Your pictures from this post are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how we still get on things that we know we are going to be scared of?? I am so afraid I'm going to fly out of my seat belt when I ride it. One time we rode it, I had a girl crying the entire time next to me. LOL Poor thing.

      Delete
  7. I love MGM! So much fun. The rock n' roller coaster is my favorite!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. What a fantastic post. I cant believe you met sully. So cool.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.