2.11.2013

RECIPE: HAWAIIAN CHICKPEAS

RECIPE hawaiianchickpeas1

Hawaiian Chickpea Teriyaki
By Lindsay Nixon // Happy Herbivore
This has become a new favorite of ours. It's so easy and quick. It's sweet and spicy!

THE INGREDIENTS:
1 can 15oz Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
1 tbsp of Hot Sauce
1 tbsp of Raw Sugar
2 cups cooked Brown Rice (or cooked greens)
Pineapple or Mango Salsa

RECIPE hawaiianchickpeas2

Combine chickpeas, teriyaki sauce, hot sauce, and sugar in large cooking pan.
Allow to marinate for at least 5 minutes.

RECIPE hawaiianchickpeas3

Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly until most of the liquid has absorbed.
About 10 minutes.

RECIPE hawiianchickpeas4

Spoon over cooked rice or greens. Top with salsa.
We eat ours with brown rice to make it a more filling dish!
Cody eats almost a full jar of the salsa it seems. LOL

So are you inspired to buy the Happy Herbivore cookbook yet???

11 comments:

  1. I made this recipe a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it! I love anything by Lindsay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks soooo good! I'd love to try it.

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these look amazing! I've been searching for more vegan recipes lately since I had my first all vegan (and extremely delicious!)meal. Can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good cookbooks are key to good recipes for vegan food!! :) Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  4. I seriously can't get enough to chickpeas, I eat something chickpea based almost every day. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm, i love chickpeas! so i am totally down to try this recipe. i haven't made anything with chickpeas in awhile.. it has mostly been black bean based. i must change!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMM!!! I've never really cooked with pineapple before. How exciting. Can't wait to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.