2.18.2013

Collecting Colour // Blue & White

CC Blue&White 1

When I read that the colors for the February COLLECTING COLOURS series were blue and white, the first thing I thought of was my Smurf collection. What is the Collecting Colours series you may ask? It's hosted over on GOOD THINGS and here is an explanation from her blog:

What is the Collecting Colours challenge? Each month you use the colour pairings as a jumping off point to curate a collection, real or virtual. You might collect objects from your environment (like I did last year), you might 'collect' photographs (like I'm doing this year), or you might even create a collection of watercolours, prints, granny squares... It's really up to you - the key thing is that whatever you create needs to feature just the colour pair nominated for each month.

For my photos I have decided I am just going to photograph what ever seems "right" to me for that color combo. Since I am currently going through my toy collection I found it fitting to photograph some of my favorite Smurfs.

CC Blue&White Smurf2CC Blue&White Smurf3

Yes I have baby Smurf shoes. Part of the reason why my toy collection is so large is because my first job was working at a antique mall. I worked in antique malls for a totally of seven years. I would have many of the antique dealers pick up stuff like the smurf shoes above and they would give them to me as gifts. My Smurf collection is the biggest part of my toy collection. It was the first vintage toy I started collecting. It all started when I purchased one single figurine for $4. The rest is history. I now have houses, stuffed animals, etc...

CC Blue&White Smurf4CC Blue&White Smurf6CC Blue&White Smurf7
Childhood me in my Smurf swimming pool. The year was probably 1984.
CC Blue&White Smurf8

Currently I need to find a bookcase for my Smurf collection. My Vinylmation collection took over two of my BILLY bookcases. (It may be time to stop collecting things. Hummmm.) I hope you enjoyed these photos. I hope that you may consider doing the Collecting Colour challenge. I missed January's color combo. Next months color combo is white and black. Oh that should be fun!!!

If you decide to do this challenge, please come back and leave a link in the comments so I can check it out!!
Go HERE to link up your photos!

21 comments:

  1. Thats a lot of blue... and white. But a damn cool collection. Yes you should get a nice shelf of display for them all, set it up nice. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully I find a bookcase thrifting!! :)

      Delete
  2. Awww....that picture of you is so cute! Did you notice the Smurf beach ball in the background? Haha!
    That would be awesome if you still had it all. There's probably not too many of those pools still around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice the beach ball. I think when I was a kid I had A LOT of Smurf stuff. I'm sure I have more now though. LOL

      Delete
  3. Ah man, that was a real treat to see all those smurf photos. I remember the Saturday morning smurfs fondly. Great childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember how exciting Saturday morning cartoons were!!!!! I miss those days.

      Delete
  4. SOOO MUCH AWESOME! I love the photo of you in the swimming pool. So cute. I also can't get over how many unique items you have like those little shoes and the lunchbox. Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link and this good idea ! I do the challenge, it's on my blog (but without funny smurf ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your photo was lovely!!! I am so glad you are going to do the challenge. It's fun!!!

      Delete
  6. Ahh the smurfs. I always watched it when I was little, it played several times every day. It still does I think but I'm not sure. I never collected them though because I just don't find them that pretty (shame). I'm looking forward to new pictures of all your collections in your new house!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that they show the Smurfs on one of the cartoon networks. They really aren't pretty. LOL BUT I find their little faces cute and they make me smile.

      Delete
  7. SMURFS! So perfect for blue + white, love it! And my goodness I'd love to have a poke around your house, sounds like there are treasures everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to check out my post. I am so excited to do your photo challenge this year!!!!! :) I do seem to have treasures in my house everywhere.

      Delete
  8. This is fabulous! I love Smurfette in her aerobics gear!
    I have a small collection of Smurfs from my childhood too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Smurfette in the aerobic outfit is hand downs one of my favorites.

      Delete
  9. Great job of collecting blue and white! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun project! And an awesome collection!
    ♥Emma Deer

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.