2.25.2013

A Few of My Favorite Things #5

favorite video

Make sure your volume isn't too loud. The goats literally do SCREAM in this video. I have become kind obsessed with goats since visiting the farm sanctuary. I'm not totally convinced that all the yelling in the video is real. I do however find it very funny and I laughed so hard I cried the first time I watched it. We all need a good laugh!

Favorite Story National Parks LoveImage SOURCE

Above is Audrey Peterman and her husband Frank. She is a huge advocate for National Parks. I stumbled across her story on the National Parks Conversation Association website. She has written books about her love for all the National Parks and shares her stories about visiting them. I plan on purchasing her book, Our True Nature. In her interview on the NPCA's website she took the words right out of my mouth many times! This being one of my favorite quotes from her:

Audrey: Having the imprint of such monumental natural wonders on my spirit gives me perspective on how infinitesimal I am in the world, and yet, how important. I am part of everything. Though a small part, I am connected to everything. It allows me to take a step back from whatever challenges I’m experiencing.
You can read the article HERE.
Favortie Quote Eminem

I don't listen to much rap music but every once in awhile I listen to Eminem. I like a lot of his lyrics and the above quote is from one of his songs. Every time I hear it I laugh. It's so how I am. I designed the print above on Photoshop and plan to hang it in my office. It's kind of a reminder to myself that people are always going to have something to say about my lifestyle and that I need to learn to ignore it or just laugh about it.
favorite postFew Favorites Vegan Cheese PostImages from Pony Chops blog.

Chantal over on Pony Chops posted a great Vegan food review a few weeks back on (fake) cheese. When I tell people I am Vegan a lot of people say they could never give up cheese. I personally know a few vegetarians that also struggle with becoming Vegan because of their love for cheese. I was never that in love with cheese in the first place which made it very easy to give it up. For those who struggle though THERE IS HOPE! :) Read Chantal's review on Vegusto Vegan Cheese HERE.
More posts I really enjoyed reading:

50 Things To Improve Your Life & Get Happy, by Red Parka Diaries
5 Books That Changed My Life, also by Red Parka Diaries
Falling for My White Kitchen, by Making It Lovely
5 Tips for Getting Inspired, by Tea Tree
Project Life, by Her Sunday

What has been inspiring you lately?

12 comments:

  1. That "cheese" looks good! I'll have to check in Ottawa... last I checked with didn't have much besides the Daiya.

    I love Eminem too! :) Some of the lyrics have really helped me during hard times in my life. I can relate to it a lot. (One more thing we have in common! )

    Have a great week.

    Stephanie
    http://sharelovealways.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried some of the jalapeno Daiya and loved it!! Eminem is just funny. I love that he always says what he's thinking! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

      Delete
  2. OH MY, LOVE the whole quote and fake cheese. Totally going to incorporate both into my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to trying more fake cheeses. I like just doing reviews on my blog about them. :) I tried one this week that I will post about sooner or later.

      Delete
  3. You are so awesome! Thanks for linking me. I can't stop watching the goats. It kills me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I love your photo albums that you are making!!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for this feature! I actually went and bought some more vegusto yesterday, their herb cheese is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Chantal! I met to feature it last time I did a few of my favorites post, but forgot! You posted it a while ago! I am glad you found fake cheese that you like.

      Delete
  5. I love the "5 Books That Changed My Life" post. That is a post that I have been wanting to write for a good long while and will because I have had books that have really and truly changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look for to seeing what books you post! I need to write down the ones Jennifer shared on her blog!

      Delete
  6. I can't stop laughing at goat videos.Type in Chris Tucker Goat in You Tube. Bahaha
    I loved that post by PonyChops too. Sad thing is we don't have those in Australia. Our choices for vegan cheese are really bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to google it right now! That's awful that you don't have vegan cheese!!! :(

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.