2.13.2013

A Few of My Favorite Things #4

Picture 2FavoriteDIY animalbunting

Lauren made this adorable animal cutout bunting. I love this idea so much. I am just trying to figure out where in my house I could hang it! See her DIY post HERE.
favorite video


A video of a group of Belgium Sea Shepherd's protesting whaling in Japan. I wish I could understand what they are saying. They are pretending to be whales and whalers. Then there are the Sea Shepherds who SAVE the whales from being killed. The video seems a bit crazy, but I thought it was very brave of them to protest this way.

Favorite seriesCollecting+Colours
Okay friends, I think this is so very awesome. I honestly wanted to steal this idea but I'm not that type of person/blogger. ;) Emily from Good Things started a blog post series called Collecting Colours. Last year she collected items that were all the same color and photographed them. This year she is mixing it up by selecting a two color combo. You can do items, photographs or whatever else your heart desires. Learn more about Collecting Colours HERE. I am going to be doing this by the way and featuring it monthly on my blog. I hope maybe you will join in as well.

Favorite QouteFavoriteQuote accept

I am pretty obsessed with quotes. I pin them all the time on Pinterest. I can't help it. I feel there are so many times in our lives that we may have a hard time expressing exactly how we feel. Then you read a quote in a book, poem or on Pinterest and you are like, "BINGO!" Or a quote may just be inspiring to you. This one above is words I need to live by.

What has been inspiring you lately? Please share any links that you think I may enjoy below. :)
Also I have been very inspired just by blogging lately, all of your comments and reading all your lovely blogs.
Thank YOU!

17 comments:

  1. Oh I'm going to do that bunting thing and that colour things as well maybe! Both such cool ideas. And wow, I think that video takes place in Ghent (where I'm a lot of the time) but I'm not sure though. And they're not yelling much besides 'stop whaling'. Which they're totally right about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all going to end up with animal bunting in our homes. :) I listened to the Sea Shepherd video loud and I could hear them better. They do seem to just be yelling Stop Whaling. I love that they used the whale pool toys on their backs.

      Delete
  2. I love the paper animal bunting - how adorable!!

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so cute!!! Mine would have to have like 50 different animals on it. LOL

      Delete
  3. I've always loved that quote! Wahooo, Sea Shepherd flash mob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great quote for Vegans to live by. :)

      Delete
  4. And thank YOU for blogging with the posts that you blog with.

    LOVING ALL of your favorite things. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you. :) I'm glad you enjoy my blog. Gives me a reason to keep doing it. LOL

      Delete
  5. I'm obsessed with bunting.... why have I never thought to use animal shapes??? So cute!!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made any bunting before, so this is probably going to happen soon. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, the animal bunting is such a good idea! I'm going to check out that DIY right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I think their is going to a lot of using doing this. :)

      Delete
  7. haha...I know our accents are kinda hard to understand, but they're actually yelling in English, the ones in black are saying "Stop Whaling" and the ones in white are yelling "Research" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot you were from there. I never even caught them saying "Research". Thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. haha, yup...thankfully I have no accent though :)

      Delete
  8. Your blog is a bright ray of sunshine...always fun and inspiring!
    You might like Simple Daisy's blog
    http://simpledaisy.blogspot.com/
    and catching fireflies (they have a great giveaway now!)
    http://www.catchingfireflies.com/blog/
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links. :) I'm going to head over there right now. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so happy that you like my blog.

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.