2.04.2013

Netflix Must See: The Lorax

Yes, this movie has been out awhile but Cody and I just now watched it. When they added it to Netflix recently I was super excited. Most of my Netflix Must See posts are about documentaries so I wanted to share The Lorax today instead. I have never been into Dr. Seuss and had never even heard of The Lorax. I remember when the previews for the movie were on TV and I thought it looked really funny. Not only was it funny, it was really cute and had a GREAT MESSAGE!

LORAX 650x510

When I watched this movie for the first time I cried my eyes out. Yes a children's movie made me cry A LOT. The message was so strong and the topic was something I care about a lot. Even though this movie is geared towards children it had so much truth in it. The cartoon people in the movie are so worried about having "stuff" that they forget about the importance of nature and trees. All they care about is money and possessions. A lot like real life. The movie warmed my heart. I fell in love with all the animals, especially the bears!!! Adorable.

The Lorax2

I highly recommend this movie because the level of cuteness is off the charts. It has a great message, story and was done very well. Instead of putting a preview video of the movie on my blog, I found a clip of one of my favorite scenes...



Have you seen The Lorax? Do kids movies ever make you cry??
The official Lorax movie website HERE.

10 comments:

  1. I've heard of this movie, but haven't seen it! I'm glad you posted that it's on netflix. perhaps I'll watch it tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have watched it many times. :) It's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. !! I want to see! I love Despicable Me and Horton Hears a Who, and I always enjoyed the Lorax as a story and all of his stuff. I didn't know this was out!!!

    Time to go to the movies

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to see Horton Hears a Who! I LOVE Despicable Me. That movie cracks me up every time I see it. We actually bought it. :)

      Delete
  4. Omigosh, I was going to ask if you had seen this! I adore Dr. Seuss and his message is so timely and appropriate. And how cute is the Lorax? Wasn't Danny Devito's voice perfect for the little guy? And how cute are the forest animals? I watched it about three times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Danny was perfect for it. They did a great job with all the casting I thought. Especially Betty White. LOL

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen this yet but I love Dr. Seuss. I'll have to add it to my Netflix cue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, the "message" of the movie was amazing.

    (Don't want to spoil it for anyone!) ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true and how people really are!!!!!!

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.