2.07.2013

32 Things Before 32 List // #29 Surprise Someone

I have been thinking about my 32 Things Before 32 List lately since January is already GONE. I thought to myself,"I better start seriously doing some of that stuff." It's amazing how just typing out a list on your blog motivates you to do things. During my day job I do price markdowns. I put things on clearance. I was marking down some things in our electronics department, when I realized one of them was a Nintendo DSi. Cody's wanted one for awhile now, but we could never justify the cost. I marked it down to $44. Amazing.

surprisecody 1

Cody and I never surprise each other with gifts. I debated on waiting till Valentines Day to give it to him. We usually don't give gifts for VDay either. I decided it would be more of a surprise if I just gave it to him the day I bought it. I decided to send him a text message letting him know that when he got home from work I had a surprise for him. He was so confused, but excited. I bought him the game Kingdom of Hearts. I wrapped the DSi up so he would have to unwrap it...

surprisecody 2

His face was priceless. He truly was surprised. That's what I wanted. :)
A gift just because. Isn't that how gift giving should be?
surprise cody3

I plan to surprise people throughout the year. I wanted to share this with you because I may not be able to have photos of all the other surprises I attempt to pull off. Plus, I think it's a great reminder that we should do this for our spouses, friends and family from time to time. I'm not good about doing it myself, so that's why it's on my list for this year. Everyone loves surprises! So why not put a smile on someone's face?

Do you have a surprise story you'd like to share? I'd love to hear it.
See my full 32 Things Before 32 List HERE.

21 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet! My husband and I have been wanting a DS. I just surprised my husband the other day with pancakes and vegan sausage. He LOVES pancakes and kept talking about them. So I made one exception to our "eat well" rule and surprised him. :) It worked out that he was having a rough day at work so he really needed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to cheer someone up with a gift. :) Pancakes are pretty awesome. lol Cody fixed me some a few weekends ago.

      Delete
    2. I'm more of a waffles gal, so it was an extra treat that I (the waffle lover) made him pancakes. ;)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh this is too cute!

    I'll love to do more surprises but people are so nosey and ruin it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprises can be so hard to pull off. That's why I bought the DS and he got it the same day.

      Delete
  3. AW! That's so nice - and I love how happy he looks with it! How sweet of you - that must have felt great to do for him.

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to surprise people. And it doesn't have to be expensive. I sometimes find great gifts at Goodwill or Family Dollar. It's so fun to give a gift isn't it?

    P.S. I love, love, love your yellow nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprise one of my friends in Ohio with letters all the time. He tells me how excited he gets when he opens the mailbox and sees my handwriting. It's all about letting people know you are thinking of them. :)

      Delete
  5. Ohh that's so sweet! I like to get pretty little things for other people. I do however want to make those surprises myself instead of just buying them from time to time. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I have some plans for some handmade gifts for family and friends this year. :)

      Delete
  6. What a lovely thing to do. He looks so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "What does that mean?" text!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know. Can you tell we don't do surprises often???

      Delete
  8. What a sweet idea! Sounds like you made his day :-). Thanks for this reminder to spread little surprises around - I think they're just a much fun to give as they are to receive, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like giving gifts better. :) Its so fun.

      Delete
  9. Aw, he looks chuffed! What a sweet surprise, you're such a gorgeous lady :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.