2.19.2013

At The Moment

At The Moment feb2012 California

I just wanted to take a deep breath from life and post something simple. I spent my three day weekend decorating my office, doing housework and spending hours organizing all my photos on my computer. You know it's time to get images off your computer when it's telling you that you are almost out of space!!! It's not a fun task but a necessary one. I vow to organize them from now on throughout the year! So here are some other things happening at the moment.....

PLANNING // Two vacations. One to visit family and friends back in Ohio. The other a road trip to California. Our vacation in California will include lots of relaxing on the beach, whale watching and cycling. Pretty perfect I think.

FEELING // Like I'm living in the movie Groundhog Dog, where I wake up and it's the same thing over and over. I try to keep things in perceptive but some change would probably be good for me. Just not sure what that change is yet. Aslo cabin fever is getting bad for Cody and I both. I can't wait to be able to get outside again.

LISTENING // I have been using Spotify on my computer to listen to all kinds of "new to me" music. My favorites so far... FUN., Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and the new Soundgarden album.

WATCHING // A lot of older Disney movies on Netflix. I had never seen Pocahontas or The Fox and The Hound. Of course Sundays are The Walking Dead. If you watch it and saw last Sundays episode, could you even believe it?? I was so stressed out watching it. Cody's hands were broke out in a cold sweat. LOL

HATING // Our neighbors dog. Actually it's not the dogs fault, it's the owners. The dog goes outside whenever it wants and BARKS sometimes for 2 hours straight. The houses are so close to each other that it feels like the dog is barking in our house. Sometimes we have to turn our music up VERY loud just so we don't have to listen to the barking. It's become a huge problem. Saturday night the dog was barking at 2am and woke me up out a sound sleep. :( We are nice people and don't want enemies but it's making us a nervous wreck.

LOVING // My friends, family and Cody. That probably sounds too "expected". Lately though I have grabbed on tighter to the ones I love. Actually on my 32 Things Before 32 list being closer to my parents in on there. I have already been talking to them a lot more. (Plus I am visiting soon.) I just don't ever want to take time or people for granted! Life passes you by too quickly for that.

The image is one I took while driving in California back in 2011.

10 comments:

  1. Great post. So much happening in your life. That poor dog. He sounds so bored. Walking dead tv show has gone downhill for me, but I still watch it... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I keep pretty busy. Best part of those vacations I am planning,....I will dye my hair pink. :) Work can't yell at me if I'm not working. Yes I think our neighbors dog is bored and stressed. Shes been outside barking for almost 4 hours straight today. I need to read the Walking Dead comics. I suppose that is why you don't like the show as much. :)

      Delete
  2. I am TOTALLY in the same boat as you about the dog you have to deal with.

    Except my problem, is the neighbors behind us in general. They have been using their chainsaw non-stop every day from 7 AM to 3 PM, since the BEGINNING OF NOVEMBER! I've asked them politely to keep it down (since I work from home, watch my son and go to school full-time), but they have refused and it still is going on. I've called the police to complain and their is nothing I can do about it.

    They EVEN had the nerve to call our landlord about our dog to complain that SHE was barking at THEIR horses one day when she accidently got loose. So apparently we're supposed to keep it down for them, but they can't keep it down for us? I called my landlord to complain about them and their excessive noise, but I haven't checked back with him yet. JUST HORSESHIT, lemme tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh that's horrible. We have called animal control once and the cops once. We don't have the money to put up a large privacy fence so that the little dog can't see anything to bark at. :( I guess we'll just keep calling the law. I hate it.

      Delete
  3. We had a dog like that in our neighborhood. I felt so bad for it. Why don't people take care of their pets? I feel you on the cabin fever thing. I've got it bad. A day at the beach would be the perfect cure. I'm dying to watch The Walking Dead but we don't have cable so I have to wait until I can find it online somewhere to stream. Groundhog Day-me too. Tired of the same old same old. I'm missing hikes and biking and spending time out in the yard and at the park. The days have been a little warmer this week so hopefully we're on track for Spring sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice when the spring comes. I think once we can bike we will feel so much happier. We just hate living in Cheyenne. It's hard being TOLD where to live. :( Feels like a bit of a waste really. The biking/hiking really helps though. We do have a lot of beautiful places to go see while living here.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff going on Jessie! I'm very jealous of your forthcoming trip to California, it's one of my top places to visit and I've been feeling a little like GroundHog Day as well. I hope you manage to sort out the dog situation, confrontation like that is never fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bekka. California is an obsession of mine. I can't wait to go. I hope you get to visit it someday. There is so much to see.

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to make another visit to both Ohio and CA. There is a bookstore in Columbus that I really really want to visit and has 32 rooms of bargain books! I hope that you enjoy the heck out of your trip. We were thinking of a Colorado trip this year but we might postpone it because we want to focus on our future house and land building/purchasing. Who knows, maybe we'll sneak a trip in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I never make it to Columbus really but that sounds like that bookstore would be worth going to. I love Half Priced Books, but I'm sure that place is way better!!! If you ever head to Colorado please let me know because I would love to meet up with you! :)

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.