2.14.2013

Painting Our Home Office

We finally painted our office! I have been so ready to get it done. I am sick of being disorganized, living out of boxes and staring at mountains of totes. I hate starting another room in our house since my bedroom and living room are not complete. Eventually once I get all the furniture I need and final details finished, all the rooms with be photographed nicely and appear on the blog again. I am looking for a dresser for my bedroom, I need to do a painting for my living room, find a coffee table, finish painting the fireplace, pillows for my couch and a few DIY projects for the bedroom. When will this all happen? Who knows!!! ;) On to a before picture of my office...

OFFICE beforepic1

We had to paint all the trim, the ceiling and remove the horrible wallpaper border. When we first bought the house this room had carpet. I ripped it up one day to reveal the wood floors, see that post HERE. We used a spray bottle full of water and vinegar to remove the wallpaper. I don't think the border was glued down that well because it came off very easily.

OFFICE pic2

I picked a shade of mint green for the walls. The paint is Behr, card #440A, MINT FRAPPE
In every photo below it looks different...

OFFICE pic3
OFFICE pic4
OFFICE pic5

I am in love with the color. It was exactly what I wanted. In person it is more green then blue. It's very true to the color on the swatch card. Cody loves it as well. :) I always like it when Cody likes the decorating I do. The last thing I want is for him to hate a room he has to live in. The office is for both of us because he is doing online college classes now. I plan to decorate the room with many of my vintage toys. I am struggling with how to display them and make the room NOT look cluttered. This room is going to take me awhile to pull together. Once I get some decorating done I will share some photos. Also we plan to make one huge desk area using extra doors in our house that we don't need. I am trying to be GREEN by re-purposing them.

16 comments:

  1. Cute! I just painted my own "office" (more like a big closet with a desk in it lol) mint green recently, and I have that same Micke desk. I love the colors mixed together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, orange and mint green surprising workout pretty well don't they? Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh fun colour! My boyfriend and I are already planning our game/blogroom for when we have our own place later haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Crissy. Hopefully I can get it all designed and decorated soon. :)

      Delete
  4. The white ceiling does wonders! I love the mint colour you've chosen too, it's very refreshing, I'm sure it's much more pleasant to work in there now :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room is going to be great to blog in! I can't wait to get it all set up. :) Thanks for stopping by Kitty. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  5. It looks so fantastic. Love the colour and that pink stripe rug is so rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cazz! I know, I love my rug. I don't know if it will stay in the room or not.

      Delete
  6. The mint green looks wonderful! It's one of my favorite colors. In the 80s I had my whole apartment done in mint green and pink. I love how your office is shaping up. Love the rug and the orange desk and pink chair. I don't remember the white piece in the corner with the yellow handles. That's so cute! Is that one that you painted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how colors come in and out of style. I totally forgot about it being an 80's color. The white nightstand I bought and painted last year. It was for our guest bedroom I never finished because we moved. I think we are going to use it in our office as a printer stand.

      Delete
  7. I love these colours! It looks fab. Your pink zebra print rug is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your previous office setting looks lovely, but I have to say that the current one is much better. The wall color you chose gives a relaxing feeling. Seeing cool colors like this will help you loosen up a bit, especially when you're beating a deadline. Your pink swivel chair is bewitching, by the way. My wife will surely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working in that very cozy office can make you more productive. The new coating was a great pick and it looks very refreshing. Your photos depict that you have a wide space for your office. I hope that you use this advantage in conceptualizing a design that can show the nature of your work. It will be easier to work when you’re surrounded with inspiring things that focuses on your field of expertise.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.