1.25.2013

My Sea Shepherd Cycling Jersey Arrived!

I am super excited! My Sea Shepherd cycling jersey finally arrived from Australia. My mother-in-law ordered it back in November. For Christmas they just sent me a photo of the jersey in an envelope telling me my gift was on it's way! It took awhile to get here but it was well worth the wait.

Sea Shepherd Jersey2Sea Shepherd jersey1 Sea Shepherd jersey3

I apologize for the crappy photos. The lighting in our house is horrible. I just really wanted to share it on my blog. Plus, there will be a day where I actually get to cycle in it and I am sure that will be a blog post as well. :) I guess now in some peoples eyes I will be viewed as an ECO-terrorist. Yes, that is what Sea Shepherds get called. Very sad.

I will wear my jersey very proudly!

When I met Peter Hammarstedt of the Sea Shepherds he told me how sad it made him that he was called an Eco-terrorist daily. He is one of my hero's. He puts his life on the line everyday to save our ocean creatures. I admire people with so much passion!

11 comments:

  1. I love Sea Shephard.... so cool you have the bike jersey now as well as the tshirt! I was chatting with a bunch of people who work for them recently at a festival and mentioned I had a friend in America who was excited about her shirt on Instagram! Haha.... they loved it! So you've got cred in Tasmania now too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Jennifer!!! That's awesome. They are such cool people. Peter is so laid back and easy to talk to once you get past the "star struck" feeling. It's weird talking to someone you watch on TV. I will volunteer with them someday. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh cool! I was ready and waiting to get that for you! I'll need to repay your postage kindness some other way :) What a nice surprise!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Cody was sweating it when I was talking to you about it. I guess his mom had already ordered it. HA! I am so glad I have it now.

      Delete
  3. Hey man, if saving the life of animals makes someone an eco-terrorist, then I must be a murdererer. hahaha

    LOVE the jersey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know. So stupid. People who hate them are scared of change or haven't actually educated themselves on the issues.

      Delete
  4. Why do they get called eco terrorists? I'm not familiar with Sea Shepherds so I'm browsing their website now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They get called that because they prevent people from killing sea life. Some people think that the Sea Shepherds are causing fishing industries to lose money because they are getting in the way. They go after the Japanese whalers the most often. The best thing to do is look at their website. :) They are awesome people.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is from the Austraila Sea Shepherd website. :)

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.