1.14.2013

4 Simple Goals Before 2013 // The Results

4 Simple Goals

You may or may not remember me posting about my 4 SIMPLE GOALS BEFORE 2013. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to do a RECAP post about it, but after reading Kitty's post I decided to. She inspired me to share my results. So here we go...

simplegoal exercise

FAIL! This is the only goal I feel I completely failed out. I feel like you can always make time for things that are important to you. I failed at making time to workout. I will say that my job physically wears me out daily. When I get home I have very little energy. I walk what feels like miles at work. I don't feel too badly about not working out. I just know it's better for me. Especially since I want to bike so much this year. I need to "train" for my first real season of cycling. I have worked out a little bit this month. I am also already starting to not drink as much caffeine/coffee. I am heading in the right direction, just not before 2012 ended. HA! Oh well. Next goal...

simplegoal2

This is a tricky one to answer. I started out really good in October and into early November. Then we ended up buying a house so quickly that my life and schedule was turned upside down. Most of my time management issues have to do with my blog. I love my blog, but it takes up so much of my time. Too much. I didn't fail this goal, but I still need to figure out better ways to manage my time I take to do posts. Also trying to keep up with all the reading of other blogs has gotten really hard for me. I want to visit you all, but there just isn't enough time in the day!! Blog Lovin' is helping me out a lot right now with keeping up with my reading list. I am trying to do most my blog posts on only a few days of the week. (Freeing up the other days.) Still struggling though. I need time for real life. LOL

simplegoal3

This goal I did. Only one huge hill, but it counts. Gosh, it burned so bad! Our last bike ride that we took in October we went a different way on the trail. There was this long long hill that I never thought I would be able to climb up. Of course Cody blasted by me. I yelled obscenities the whole time I was peddling up the hill. Cody keep yelling at me not to stop and I just kept going. I did make it to the top without stopping. It just was painful and took what felt like an eternity. This is why I need to workout more. We now have a bike trainer in our basement. My bike is hooked up to it and you just peddle like a spin bike. It's so freakin hard! I can't wait to be able to climb mountains on my bike. It will all be worth it in the end.

simplegoals4

This I felt was a goal that may have seemed strange to people. Since I moved 1200 miles away from my parents I don't see them EVER. I don't feel like I talk to them enough and it's sad. Time goes by so fast and I don't ever want to regret not keeping in better contact with them. We have talked more on the phone since October and emailed more. I hope to start taking the time to write letters and call more often. I think it's really important. So, I didn't fail at this goal but there is room for improvement.

We all have goals for 2013. I think we just have to focus on the really important stuff. Don't put way too much pressure on yourself to do a million things. Of course I say that and I have my 32 Things list. HA! I want to be really ambitious this year. I think if Cody and I decide to start trying for a baby it may be this fall. I want to do a lot of things this year that may not be so easy with a mini me running around. :)

What is your number 1 thing that you WILL accomplish in 2013??

12 comments:

  1. It seems like you did alright though. It's always hard to keep up with goals because we always want to do better than we did. And wow, that's a way of announcing that you maybe want a baby haha. It is really exciting though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We talk about having a baby all the time. I just don't talk about it on the blog a lot because we change our mind. I just want to make sure I get some stuff done this year so if I am ready, the time will feel right. :) A mini me would be fun.

      Delete
  2. Hey, I'm so glad you shared these! Life gets in the way huh? I think it's amazing you managed to achieve all of those things AND move house (and visit the post office) Congratulations, you did good. I can't wait to keep up with your annual goals this year, you've got some great ones
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. It still amazes me that I moved. HA! We aren't very organized or unpacked yet, but it's just a huge winter project. :) I can't wait to start working on my goals for 2013. AND go to the post office as little as possible. ;) Just kidding. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I want to become more consistent with everything I do in my life, which is the reason why I am eliminating so much that has held me back from 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you added talk to your parents.
    And you are right to try to accomplish as many goals as you can before trying to get pregnant. Since having my son a few years ago, my time management has changed so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine what having a baby (or babies in your case) would do to time management. LOL Or should I say "What time"??? Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  5. These are great goals! I have a hard time with the working out one too. I actually love cycling and doing Pilates but something else always seems to get in the way. It's all in priorities I guess. I have a hard time following all the blogs that I want to follow as well. I try to set aside a little time each day but before I know it, I've spent three hours on the computer. It's tough and I'm still not sure how to find a balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to lose hours and hours online! I do it all the time. Blog Lovin helps me a lot. It once you get into a working out routine it's easy to stick with it. It's just getting started that's hard!!

      Delete
  6. I am constantly battling with the time management thing. I really wanted to get on top of that this year but have already found myself over committing to some things and now I am stressing out and I am only 2 weeks into the new year! Oh well I guess it is good to be busy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you need to regroup!!! lol If without my blog I struggle with time management. Rushing to go the grocery store, clean and do projects around the house. It's enough to stress anyone out. I am sure you will find ways to correct it in your life. :)

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.