1.02.2013

A PHOTO A DAY // December 2012

PHOTOADAY TITLE dec
1. 8 O'Clock
Day1 8 o'Clock 2. Peace     3. Something I held
Day2 PeaceDay3 Something I HeldSimon & Me CuddlingDay5 Looking Up
4. Black & White     5. Looking Up
Day6 From where you liveDay7 Stars
6. Where I Live     7. Stars
Day8 Someone I Love: Cody
8. Someone I Love
Out and AboutUnder
9. Out & About     10. Under
Sweet
11. Sweet
HATLights
12. Hat     13. Lights
GREEN
14. Something GREEN
IMG_3997Something I Made // Scrapbook
15. Outdoors     16. Something I Made
ON THE FLOOR
17. On The Floor
TreeSimon
18. Makes Me Feel Merry     19. Something Beginning with "S"
Weather / SnowTree
20. Weather     21. Tree
Jingle Bells
22. Decoration
Joy is PeaceTradition A Christmas Story 23. Joy is Peace     24. Tradition
IMG_4254
25. Lunchtime
Day 27 // relaxDay 28 // cold
27. How you relax     28. Cold
Day29 Hot // miso soupDay 30 // something that made me smile this year // My bike
29. Hot     30. Something that made me smile this year
Me 12.29.12
31. Self-Portrait

This was my third time doing the photo a day challenge on Instagram. I must say, for some reason I struggled with it this month. I didn't like a lot of the topics and found it hard to find something to photograph based on each topic everyday. I love my Instagram photos. So I have decided to just do my own images daily and share them with you at the end of the month. I felt I tried too hard to take a photo everyday and hated a lot of my images. Something I want to do is continue to get better at my photo taken and this isn't helping me I fear. :( I hate to sound negative, but I just want to take my own images based on what I find to photograph that day. I plan to also take a image for everyday this year and at the end of the year share them all together. I think that would be fun. :)

14 comments:

  1. I think the worst thing you can do sometimes is to restrict your creativity, because that's when things become a chore as opposed to something to look forward. I have hesitantly begun a 365 project also, but I'm posting mine on Flickr as I share monthly recaps of whatever I take on instagram already. I'm also not conforming to taking photos of a specific thing or theme either, just whatever I feel like. Good luck with yours, I'll be keeping an eye out for those posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bekka. You are so right. :) I think I will do a set on flickr as well and put a link to it on my blog.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing so many new furry faces around :)
    The photo a day thing can be tough, it's pretty hard to come up with a new thing each day, even when you have a 'topic'. Your photos look great though, I think it's nice to be able to look over the month and trigger some nice memories :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy taking photos of my furry friends. lol I do love looking over the month of photos. It's so easy to forget something that may have happened on just a random Tuesday. :) That is why I will keep doing it, just on my own.

      Delete
  3. I've never done this but it seems very awesome! I love the hat picture with your kitty wearing the hat :) My fiance and I are going to Jackson, Wyoming next October. I've never been, but we're thrilled to see the mountain life up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't been to Jackson yet. I've heard great things. Wyoming has a lot to offer if you love nature and parks. :) The photo of the day is fun, just hard at times. I can't wait to just do it on my own. :)

      Delete
  4. I felt the same way about the photo challenges. I think they were good at encouraging me to take photos every day but I often felt that I was just grasping for something to fit the topic for the day. I like the idea of doing your own kind of photo challenge and just photographing what you like every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I love Instagram photos and love taking something daily. I try not to go too crazy with it. I know my follows would be annoyed with my feed. ;) I wonder if I can remember to do a photo everyday??? I hope so. lol

      Delete
  5. I'm going to try that challenge for the third time this year. I usually like the topics but forget about it untill the day is almost over. That's my problem haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would forget all the time. I didn't even do #26 on the one above. It was a "mess". I couldn't find anything to photograph. It's hard to remember. You aren't the only one. lol

      Delete
  6. Good Job!! I've tried and tried and always fall behind. I'm motivated this year tho, I think I'm going to try turning the #FMSPHOTOADAY into a photo diary of sorts for this year.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo diary's are so fun. I basically look at my blog as one in a way. I hope I can remember to do one everyday this year for my 365 day project!

      Delete
  7. Fantastic that you can make a goal like that and keep to it. By the look of those photos you have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I seem to always be busy. lol I want some more of those cookies!!!!

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.