1.26.2013

Just A Thank You & Kitties Begging For Food

I really have been enjoying blogging lately. It's mostly because of all your lovely comments. I am so thankful for your support and readership. I used to blog just to blog. No one was really commenting. I used to only share mostly images that were not my own. Now they are mostly mine with the exception of my collage posts. Blogging is much more fulfilling now. I feel I have a reason to blog. Things worth saying and things worth sharing.

These photos of my cats have nothing to do with this post.
We recently have attempted to put them on a diet.
They really freak out when they don't have food 24 hours, 7 days a week...
Cats begging for food1

I don't usually blog on the weekends anymore. It's nice to not worry about posting for two days of the week. Plus, I am usually out doing stuff that will end up on the blog in the form of a post! We have so much planned for this weekend it's ridiculous!!! We are actually going to try to bike today. The weather is mild and the wind is not insane. Sunday we are visiting a Farm Animal Sanctuary that promotes a vegan lifestyle. Can you say PERFECT weekend for me?? It's good because the winter blues have been ruff that last few weeks. Having to live somewhere in the country you don't want to live is a side effect of being a Military wife. We always try to focus on the positives. At least I still have these guys around....

cats begging for food2

I haven't been to fond of my job lately either. What do I do you may ask? I just work in a small retail store on base. The job is somewhat easy and mindless. Other days it's stressful. I only work part-time but do a job that should be full-time. So you can imagine a lot gets crammed into my short shifts. I work there because it's convenient. It's close to my home, Cody and I car pull a lot, and I get weekends off. It's a job. I am at a point in my life that "nothing" feels right job/career wise. I just get up and do it because it's a paycheck.

Next week at work sadly they are doing their yearly inventory and I got roped into it. I will be working a lot of hours with very little sleep. Back to back shifts that are going to make me like a zombie. I plan to attempt to keep up on my blog,.....we'll see. I know I will be dying to post about my farm trip! BUT it will take me hours to photo edit the pictures and post about it I am sure. Anyways, I am just rambling. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Congratulations to KIM for winning my Happy Herbivore Cookbook giveaway!! I hope to keep having my own giveaways throughout the year. If you have something that you would like to giveaway on my blog, please contact me! I know a lot of you have lovely talents and I would love to help promote you. :)

22 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at Norman's reaction. He must see something he likes! He is very focused in all 3 pictures. Hope you have a nice weekend Jess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He is very focused on the food bowl I am holding. lol I love making him stand up. It's so cute!

      Delete
  2. Heyy! I'm a new reader :) Found you through Kitty&Buck. I love reading about Vegan lifestyles. I'm not vegan (yet) but I do cook a lot of vegan meals.

    Those kitties would make anyone's day better. They are so adorable.

    Stephanie
    http://sharelovealways.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie! I am so glad you like my blog. I hope that you will find it inspiring. :) I look forward to getting to know you.

      Delete
  3. Great pics!
    In my opinion you can never post too many cat photos!
    That sanctuary sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think I need more cat photos on the blog. I take so many, but no one ever gets to see them.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like my cat Gabrielle, she tends to wait around in the morning until I wake up and then she will start her routine of grazing up against my legs and meowing until I give her food. She doesn't really give much affection during the day, so I let her do this until she's tired of "telling me" she's hungry. This is the time I usually feed her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny how our cats "love" us when they want food. It's amusing. :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I am glad blogging is more fulfilling for you, I love reading your blog!

    The picture of your cat standing up cracks me up, it reminds me of my cat. My husband and I call her a meerkat when she does it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dee-Dee! I am glad you are still a follower of mine. It's nice to have people reading who had been reading for years. :) Norman does remind of a Meerkat often. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many hungry kitties. My cat Sausage McKracken has been on a diet for years. It took 2 years to get him from 7.5kg to 5.5kg. And don't feel bad. Losing one kg for them is like losing 5-10 for us.
    Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cats name is funny!!! It does seem to take them a long time to lose weight. I'm not seeing a change at all.

      Delete
  8. Awe, such cuties! I know the feeling of the day to day drill, hope things start looking up a bit for you! My mother-in-law works at the Navy Exchange (in San Diego), they just had their inventory as well, she's always exhausted and grouchy for the whole week when they do it...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how it goes! I guess that's what coffee is for. LOL It will be good to catch up on all my sleep once the weekend comes.

      Delete
  9. I didn't realize you're a military wife! :) Awesome!

    I love your cats. They're all so cute! Just be carful if you get shipped OCONUS, they'll usually only "let" you have two pets!! Which is heartbreaking!

    I think the only place in the states where I DON'T really want to be is New York... or Kansas... I don't know why, but... It just doesn't sound appealing. Though, luckily for me, I adapt pretty well, and can enjoy wherever I am at, I am sure of it!

    Sorry to hear about your shitty job. There's no way that I would work on post here in Germany. BLECH. Plus, we travel too often, and have a too needy of a dog! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to talk about being a military wife at first, but then it didn't seem like a big deal to talk about anymore. Every once in a while I throw it in there. :)

      We don't deploy, so I don't have to worry about the pet thing. Thank goodness. I could never give them up!! My job won't be forever, so I just do it for now.

      Delete
  10. I'm also glad that you share your own personal photographs. I feel like I get to really know you better when its your photographs. Plus, you get to have an online photo album of your life! That's pretty cool! Don't stress about blogging too much next week. I find that when I get super busy, and it makes my blog slack, it feels more of a chore and I don't enjoy it as much. Just don't stress about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going back and looking at my older posts. I want my blog to be a photo album. :) I will blog a little, but not "worry" about it. If I get a post done, I get a post done.

      Delete
  11. I enjoy the photographs that yours and am so happy that you are just enjoying the heck out of blogging, and feel supported.

    I love these kitty photos. I have similar photos of my four cats doing the "I'm hungry" look and poses. I also filmed when we fed something like 8 or so cats in our apartment, when we were taking in strays. Oh boy was that interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww such cuties! Tofu is on a diet too and he constantly waits at the kitchen door meowing when I'm making food, as if he's never been fed haha.

    I can't wait to hear about the farm! I saw some pics of it on instagram, It looks lovely!

    I hope this week at work isn't too stressful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! The photo with the cat standing up is hilarious! When I cat sit for my brother and sister-in-law, they are too funny when I am making them their breakfast. I cannot get the can open quick enough! They act so pitiful, like they have never eaten before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. Your new banner is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.