11.01.2012

We Bought A HOUSE!

I get to welcome November with news,... we bought a house! We are super excited. Now I say we bought a house, but we don't close until November 30th! We just have to hope that nothing goes wrong for the next 30 days. I don't imagine that it will because this time around we are the buyer and not the seller. Usually it's the buyer who would "back out", and we love this house. I had been stalking it for a month or longer online and FINALLY was able to go look at it on Friday October 26th. The next day we put in an offer and by Sunday we were under contract. I posted some photos of a different house HERE, but once we looked at that one in person we hated it. So, here is our "new home"...

House title House1

The home was built in 1951. I think that it's only had one owner. It's very well maintained and I feel like we got a good deal. The house payment is above our comfort zone, but not by much. The neighborhood is one of the best in our city and we should have no problem reselling in the future. It's close to our bike trail that we love, which is worth every penny of our payment every month. I can't wait till spring and I can just jump right on the trail and ride. Of course my decorating wheels are in overdrive. I am not going to share tons of photos because most that I took aren't that great. I really want to focus on every room in future posts with all my ideas for each space. Here is the living room below...

House2 livingroom

They just put the carpet in! Guess what? There are hardwood floors under there!!! That's what I want, so sooner or later that carpet will go bye bye. Plus my pets will probably destroy it anyways. The window is beautiful and I can't wait to see it without those curtains. The paneling will be painted for now and I may paint the stone on the fireplace also. The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths and a family room in the basement. All this decorating may make my brain explode. LOL I am missing all the stores that I used to be close to when I lived in Ohio. Now everything is a far drive away. Below is the basement bathroom. YUCK! This will be one of the first rooms to be remodeled! I do like the faucet. At least I can keep that.

House3
Simon is trying to help me pick out paint colors!
Or maybe he's just being needy?

I am so overwhelmed with picking out paint colors that I even was asking Cody for his input! (That never happens.) I have plans for a few rooms. Our bedroom is tiny, so no dark colors in there. There will be something fun stenciled in the living room and I think I have a for sure wall color picked out. The kitchen, done. Just have to do it all. We actually plan to keep all the cabinets, just paint them. I found this awesome post about painting kitchen cabinets HERE. We would love to do an IKEA kitchen but see no point in tearing out cabinets that are in good shape. It would be wasteful I think. We'll spend our money on new appliances and counter tops.

House4

So now we wait and PACK. I packed so much already. I found that most of my stuff is decorative and doesn't need to be out anyways. Getting a jump start on it will help me relax as the actual moving date approaches. Pinterest is going to help me out so much in the next few weeks. I can see what my eye is drawn to and figure out ways to make my ideas come to life in my own home. If only money grew on trees!!! It will be a slow process for us and I plan to be thrifty. We have a new Menards being built here, anyone shopped there before? I hope that you will enjoy watching my decorating journey as we put some life back into this outdated home. :)

See my pin board on Pinterest: For Our New Home
Have you seen photos of my last house?
It was the reason I started My Mod Style! See it HERE.

32 comments:

  1. Yay congrats!! 4 bedrooms, thats alot of bedrooms. I hope it all works out for you guys and can't wait to see some before and after photos around your new place. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to share the before and afters on my blog!!!!!

      Delete
  2. your yellow sink!!!! I LOVE IT! and your living room rocks. congrats!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We do plan to keep the yellow sink and build the color scheme around that. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh congratulations! This is awesome. I think it's going to be amazing to decorate! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. That house looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you are going to do with it.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessie! I'm so excited for you! I like this house better than the previous one you showed. Much better fireplace. I'd probably paint the stone white too! I can't wait to follow along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look at the stone close up again. It will probably be painted white. :) I like stone, but the colors my be a little "off" for what I have planned for the room.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! You have a good taste in interior decorating, so I'm excited to see your future posts about your new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be so happy to have people see all my decorating here on the blog. :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! OMG! You guys totally transformed the house and it is gorgeous!! Why on earth would you move from that place!?? It's so beautifully decorated and super organized. I loved touring your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Our last house we couldn't afford anymore, so we had to let it go. :( Then my husband joined the Air Force and we moved from Ohio to Wyoming. We are excited to have a home again. :)

      Delete
  8. I didn't know you had a cat! Also love that your bathroom has a yellow sink. That is so YOU!! I'm really happy for you and Cody and can't wait to see what you do with the place. OMG. 4 bedrooms!! You totally need a Jessie room, just for you and Hello Kitty, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone loves the yellow sink! HA. I guess I better keep it. :) I think we are making the office a room for all of my toy collection also. Should be fun.

      Delete
  9. Congrats!!! So exciting (so jealous!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know all about being jealous. LOL I've been watching bloggers buy houses all year.

      Delete
  10. SOoo exciting. Congratulations. What a beautiful home. That fireplace is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Jessie, what an amazing beautiful house, I cannot wait to see what you do with it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so awesome, Jessie! Thanks for sharing photos of the house. I am very, very happy for you guys! I know how excited and anxious you were. My best advice, because you know I moved recently, is that moving and remodeling can be verrrrry stressful (and exciting) so try not to take it out on each other. As much as you love each it other, it may happen! Jealous of the fireplace! ♥ Em

    teatreevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cody & I are pretty good about not being mean to each other. Luckily our house doesn't NEED too much hard work. I think he's more excited about the decorating then me! lol Thanks. :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats to you and yours!! I can't wait until we get a house. Apartment life is find but boy would I love some land and to be able to do with my walls what I want! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, living in apartments does get old over time. It works for some people, but if you really like to decorate it makes it a lot harder I think. I can only do so much with the same off-white color in EVERY room. lol

      Delete
  14. Congrats on the home! I hope everything works out in the next month. I am a fan of Menards, but I didn't own a home when I lived in the mid-west. The always have the "free with rebate check" deals, which are a nice way to try something you wouldn't normally buy (I've used them on storage containers and random snacks before). The selection is better than Lowes in variety of size (for example, while on vacation I found a bathroom fixture there that I couldn't find at any home store, large or specialty, in WV), but may not be a stylish. You're talented enough that you can make it work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I can't wait to get started on the house and all the projects.

      Delete
  15. Yay!! Congrats! I love that fireplace with the build in shelving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so amazing! I'm so excited to follow along as you redecorate and make it totally awesome! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats!!!! so happy for you...


    sorry im so late... MIA

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.