11.14.2012

Design Board: Master Bedroom in Our New House

Here is my first design board for our new home. I am focusing on the bedroom because it's a small room. Sadly we have a king size bed that I am NOT willing to get rid of right now! Having a king size bed is comfy, but a bit unpractical as far as space goes in a smaller sized bedroom. My decorating tastes have changed a bit. I used to NEVER like wood furniture and find myself drawn to it now. I'm not talking any tacky 1980's stuff! Vintage pieces that have character to them!! I have fallen in love with the idea of having a calm eclectic bedroom with touches of new and old pieces. Here is my design....

NewHouse Bedroom
LINKS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The only thing on the board I didn't number was the "Don't Forget To Be Awesome" quote. I am going to design a print that says that or paint it on my closet doors really big. I know you are probably wondering about seeing actually pictures of the room. Well, I may save that for the before and after post. :) Keep you on the edge of your seat. HA. It's a sad day for me since I have fallen in love with West Elm bedding. SO EXPENSIVE! It may be the only expensive thing in the entire room though. The thing I am most excited about is the walls...

Bedroom ombre walls


I think Cody should win a BEST HUSBAND OF THE YEAR AWARD, for letting me talk him into a pink bedroom. I think he is excited to see how the ombre paint effect turns out. Plus, he will be sleeping in the room most the time anyways. I convinced him that if there was any room in the house to let me paint pink, it should be the bedroom. He finally agree. YAY! I don't know what you would call the style of my design. Modern Eclectic Vintage Nature style???? (Probably not.) I can't wait to get started. We will be getting the keys VERY soon and the bedroom painting will probably be done before we actually physically move in. :) So what do you think???

11 comments:

  1. I think it's going to be awesome! I wouldn't pick pink but I think that ombre effect is going to be so cool. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan of pink? ;) I hope it's not super hard like I think it's going to be.

      Delete
  2. so great, ombre walls are to cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I can't wait to share it here on the blog.

      Delete
  3. I am so in love with my greenhouse and the ombre effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much! I have ombre hair but I never tought I could have ombre walls! This looks so good,such I great idea:)
    You have a new follower,hope you follow back♥

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will look so amazing! Can't wait to see the ombre walls. Love that butterfly print, too.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so neat! I never really thought about doing this. I love the teal shades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love West Elm bedding too. I saved up for some a couple of years ago but now new stuff is out and I want it all! That little squirrel statue is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, it's gonna be awesome! I have been eyeing that butterfly print for a while now.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.