9.06.2012

My Jewelry // Thrifted Shelves

I wanted to share some photos of my very small yet cute jewelry display in my bedroom. I have two shelves that I had purchased on two different thrifting trips. I had just grabbed them in hope of being able to use them in the future. One day the light bulb went off over my head and I knew what I wanted to do with them! Here's a look....

Jewelry1
The shelves also ended up being the perfect place for my "nerd" Vinylmations!
I spray painted both of them with Rust-Oleum Paint: Real Orange & Berry Pink
Jewelry4 Jewelry3 My tiny jewelry box & glass ring holder
Jewelry6Jewelry7 Jewelry5

Sadly I do not have a lot of jewelry or accessories. This is something I am trying to work on. I would like to make some jewelry this winter and find some more fun things to wear. I love big rings, especially owls. I can totally see myself ending up with a collection of owl jewelry. Most everything in my jewelry box above is vintage family pieces or things that hold sentimental value to me. You may or may not have noticed I have a rock in there, yes a rock. It's shaped like the state of OHIO and I've had it since I was a child. I found it one day while playing in my backyard.

I really enjoyed photographing my jewelry display and Vinylmations. They are so cute.
Since I can't paint in my stupid rental house, this is how I add color. Toys and spray paint. LOL


redrosevintage

8 comments:

  1. Teeeheee this is just too cute :)
    I don't have a lot of jewelry either. I realized it the other day when I literally had 3 necklaces to choose from. That's definitely a silly thing to complain about, but I would say most girls have a few more choices than that. I am going to ask for a pretty necklace for Christmas now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that orange shelf, totally my style. I've been searching for the perfect shelf to display my nail polish, crossing my fingers that I'll find it soon :]


    Xo,
    ♥ Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of those vintage shelves with the mirror behind it. Like 1950's style with the thick wood frame. I think that would be so fun to paint a bright color! Haven't found one yet.

    I plan to make some necklaces myself this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of those shelves! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE shelves like this! and your vinylmations! such a cute place to display - i have the chip (i think?) and the stitch from the nerds collection - i love the glasses! and your jewelry is so well organized, i'm envious

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I love the orange one! Thanks for linking up!
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the orange shelf! And I have some quirky rocks too. Danggit, I should have sent you an owl necklace!!

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.