6.13.2009

Rejected Decorating Projects

Some decorating ideas seem great when you first think them up. Then you try it, or you live with it for awhile, and it just doesn't work as planned.

Hallway Photo Frame Wall (January 09)

I love picture frames hung together on a wall. My plan was to spray paint all the black frames white. (which meant more "work" I didn't need in my life.) My hallway is narrow and the frames made it feel closed in. After about 5 months I decided they needed to come down. I have new plans for this area in the near future.

Landscaping ~ White Gravel (August 07)

I love white gravel. The problem is you have to buy a million bags to fill one flower bed. Since we ended up turning our red house into a white house the red mulch looks better now anyways.

Bathroom ~ circles painted on the ceiling (November 07)

Well, you can hardly even see the circles I painted on the ceiling. Painting a ceiling is terrible!!!! It is one of my least favorite things to do. It is a good thing that I didn't paint circles on the whole ceiling, since our roof leaks in this bathroom!!! We have to redo the drywall in this room since our roofer was an idiot.

Guest Bedroom ~ Gun Theme (Feb 09)

I had this room over halfway decorated when I decided I hated it. I love everything on the design board. I ended up not liking it because I painted the walls white in the room. If I would of done black walls I think I would of loved it. It's okay though because this week I made the guest bedroom my new office. I wanted to make my office the "nursery" when ever my husband and I decide to start trying to get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.