6.16.2012

Whole Food Recipe: Chickpea Tacos

These are truly amazing and so simple to make!
Cody's dad is visiting this weekend and this is one of the meals we are cooking him!Whole Food Recipe: Chickpea Tacos
Chickpea Tacos
Recipe by Veggie Terrain / Inspired by Happy Herbivore

1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp tamari
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp taco seasoning - We use this recipe to make our own!
tortillas - we use these, sprout wheat and good for you! No added oils.
romaine lettuce
tomato, diced
2 - step guacamole (mashed avocado + minced garlic and kosher salt) to put on the tacos

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay parchment paper on a cooking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk tamari, lime juice, and taco seasoning together.
- Add chickpeas to bowl, tossing until well coated.
- Place chickpeas on the pan in an even layer and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven! Assemble tacos! Enjoy!

*I did change the recipe a bit because it had oil and we do not eat oil. You don't need it I promise. :)

Please visit my WHOLE FOOD PAGE to view all my recipes and read about how easy it is to eat Vegan!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm...these look yummy! I don't remember how I stumbled on your blog but I'm glad I did. I too am vegan and post recipes on my blog along with other handmade things. :) I'm definitely pinning this recipe and following. I've been impressed with Whole Foods recipes. I have one I made and it's been one of my favorite recipes!

    ~Aubrey
    Project Lovegood

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.