6.27.2012

My Summer 2 Do List!

Or maybe I should call it My Summer 2 HOPE List! There are many things I hope to do this summer. Now that June has already come to an end, I better hurry up! I just started a new job which means Cody and I will have money to do all these things I am about to list below. The best thing about my job is that I have weekends off. Giving me more time with Cody! There are so many "weekend" road trips we want to take while we live here in Wyoming.

One place I am itching to go is Arches National Park.Arches Park 650x300 Located in beautiful Moab, Utah! It is 460 miles away from where we live and is a 7 1/2 hour drive.
The park has over 2,000 natural stone arches, hundreds of soaring pinnacles, massive fins and giant balanced rocks.
This park is at the top of my list of places I want to see. You can also do hot air balloon rides there! It would cost $500 for both of to do that, so that will have to wait till next time.


Next on my list is visiting the Denver Zoo.
Denver Zoo 650x300
I am obsessed with trips to the zoo.
I would love to work at one, but never live close enough to accomplish that dream.
Going to the Denver Zoo will happen soon I think. It's not that far away from us.
Can't wait to check out the zoo and take lots of pictures.
UPDATE: We went to the zoo on July 1st! See the post HERE.

Another beautiful park, Garden of the Gods - Colorado Springs, CO
Garden Gods 650x300 This place just looks amazing.
Most of my local Wyoming friends have been and rave about just Colorado Springs in general.
We would also be able to go to Pikes Peak National Forest while we are there.
All kinds of pretty things.

VegFest Colorado - Golden, CO
Veg Fest 650x300
This is a event that I am very excited about.
It's two of the most important things too me in my life in the same place! Woo-hoo!
Vegan food and one of my favorite Sea Shepherds will be speaking there, Peter Hammarstedt.
There will be all kinds of plant based food to sample, environmental issues and a Sea Shepherd booth!
I can't wait to see Peter in person after watching him on TV so much.
He really inspires me to make a difference in the world and fight for animal rights.

My other goals are:
Work out more!
Go biking.
Keep up with my blog!
Walk the dogs more at the park.
Relax & Smile.

What do you hope to do this summer?

3 comments:

  1. My in laws are crazy about Arches National Park and go there a few times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think UTAH is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.