9.13.2012

Garfield & Friends 1988 // Birthday Card 4 My BFF

One of the many cartoons I grew up watching was Garfield & Friends! I remember being so excited every time it came on. If you watched it like I did, you may remember Blinky The Clown depending on how good your memory is. Blinky The Clown had his own special Birthday song he would sing. In the episode below you can see and hear it! It's pretty funny.


My friend Cam and I used to always call each other on our birthdays and sing the whole song to each other. It was pretty funny and it's always been an inside joke between us for over 15 years now. I decided to make him a card for his 30th Birthday! You get creative when you live far away and are mailing things to people! I hate buying store bought cards anyways. I just stand there staring at the selection for what feels like an eternity.

SpamCard 1

I used to be such an "artist" back in the day. Garfield actually was one of my favorite things to doodle and draw!
I think I need to add drawing & painting to my to do list for the winter months....

SpamCard 2 SpamCard 3

I found an image of Blinky The Clown doing a Google image search and free handed the drawing.
The hardest part for me was getting the happy birthday to fit!
Oh yeah, my best friends nickname is actually Spam. LOL

SpamCard 4 SpamsCard 5

I think it turned out cute. It was so relaxing to draw! It's a hobby I need to pick back up.
I think people are only getting handmade cards from me from now on! :)
I wish I could see the smile on his face when he opens it!

5 comments:

  1. It looks really good! I think hand made cards are always the most special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. I LOVED that show, especially the Halloween special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handmade cards are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's ADORABLE! you did a really good job with it

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.