9.12.2012

Biking Colorado // Round 2 // 43 miles

I hate posting so many biking posts so close together, but unfortunately we just really started getting into. Going from riding a few miles in "normal" clothes and no water, to wearing spandex and a Camelback with 2 litters of water in it and doing 43 miles in one ride is HUGE FOR ME. I'm not bragging, I'm determined. I found this amazing thing that fits me so well. It's a great workout and my every day stress level has been reduced already. Buying a road bike has been a great investment for me. Over the weekend we finally went riding with our friends for the first time. I was nervous to bike with more experienced riders. It went really well and was a real blast! It if wasn't for them I don't know if we would of ever gotten into biking....

Biking1 9.8.12
I took the above photo of Dan & Kara racing each other and Cody is behind them.
I was brave enough to get my iphone out and attempt to take a photo.
It's very hard and I don't plan to do it again. LOL Risking dropping my phone is too scary!!
Something I love about biking is you never know what you are going to see!
There was a huge group of cows that crossed the trail...
Biking2 9.8.12
There is a beautiful garden along the side of the trail where volunteers come and plant flowers and vegetables.
Below you can see how they used old glass bottles in their garden! What a cool idea....
Biking3 9.8.12 Biking flowers3 9.8.12Biking flowers4 9.8.12 Biking4 9.8.12 Biking flowers 9.8.12Biking flowers2 9.8.12 Biking6 9.8.12
It was really a big deal to me to take photos of the garden because I know the cold weather is on it's way!
Summer is over and I wanted to capture these beautiful flowers before they died.
Biking7 9.8.12 Biking5 9.8.12

A week ago I didn't think I could do 25 miles, then a week later I did 43 miles!
It just goes to show that you should never say that you CAN'T DO SOMETHING!
Anyone can do anything with the right amount of determination!
You may not be into biking, but I bet you have something in your life that you want to accomplish!
I plan to ride exercise bikes and do Pilates all winter long. My goal is to be able to climb mountains next year!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 43 miles, that's fantastic. I live in a large biking community and bike 14 miles a day to and from work year round. It's such a great exercise. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! It wasn't easy, but man the pain was worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! 43 miles is a long ways! I'm sure it's fun though with all that beautiful scenery around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are one amazing woman! And you are right, those flowers are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! 43 miles is incredible! Just goes to show how much you can do when you put your mind to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody, I had my doubts that I could do it. LOL I can't wait to see what else I end up biking.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.