This is a Vegan twist on your typical lasagna recipe. It's a healthy & hearty meal!
Recipe Source: Whole Food Market
1 (10-ounce) box brown rice lasagna noodles
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound yellow squash (about 3), chopped
2 yellow onions, chopped
1 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano and parsley, divided
1 cup of Almond Milk
2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt added white beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups of fresh broccoli or 16oz frozen bag of broccoli, thawed
2 cups of fresh spinach or 16oz frozen package, thawed and moisture squeezed out
1 large tomato, diced 1 (15 ounce) tub of skim ricotta cheese or make your own Tofu Ricotta.
*We made our own Tofu Ricotta, recipe is easily googled.
- Cook noodles per package instructions. Rinse in cold water after draining and spread out in a single layer to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat broth in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, squash, onions and 1/2 cup of the herbs and cook, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree almond milk, beans and ricotta until smooth; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a 9x13 " baking dish (make sure dish is at least 2 inches deep), layer lasagna as follow, scattering remaining herbs in between layers: ricotta mixture, noodles, broccoli, and spinach, noodles, squash mixture, noodles, ricotta mixture.
- Top with tomato and bake, uncovered, until hot throughout, about 45 minutes; set aside to let rest 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares, garnish with fresh herbs and serve!
Please visit my WHOLE FOOD PAGE to view all my recipes and read about how easy it is to eat Vegan!