6.09.2013

A Few of My Favorite Things


Favorite Video

Recently Cody and I watched all five seasons of the TV series Fringe. It is definitely one of my favorite shows ever. Above is one of my favorite scenes featuring the character Walter. Walter is my favorite thing about the entire show. I decided to share this scene with you because Walter has a melt down at the grocery store over the ingredients in some toaster pastries. As Cody and I were watching it we looked at each other and said, "This is so us". We always read all the ingredient labels on boxes before placing anything in the cart. The show is really cool. If you like Sci-Fi and Government conspiracy type shows you should check it out. Visit the Fringe website HERE.


Favorite Blog Postbf897a5f884e555be9f72a3948abd0bdb21333f7

A blog that I really enjoy reading is Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer, written by Keith. The above image is one that he shared on his blog in a post called Don't Let Yesterday Take Up To Much Of Today. Keith always chooses great topics to blog about. I love how inspiration his posts can be for me. He also keeps them short and sweet a lot of time, yet they usually make you "think". Visit his blog HERE.

Favorite Topic

Currently I am obsessed with building a tiny home, living mortgage free, downsizing and downsizing some more! I love the above video by IKEA about living in a small space. I always enjoy a trip to IKEA browsing all there staged rooms. IKEA is so great about providing storage solutions for all areas of any sized home. A few weeks back I shared a post entirely dedicated to Tiny Homes HERE. Ever since I have become a bit obsessed with them! For instance, the home below I am head over heels for. It is a little over 500 square feet and AMAZING....

img_2678_copyimg_2569_copyImages from At Home Arkansas

It's amazing how some of these tiny homes don't seem tiny at all. Open floors plans, smart design and simple decorating make these downsized homes so appealing. I've been sketching floor plans, building Sims houses and doing a lot of research on the topic the past few weeks. It will be a few years before any of this can happen for Cody and I since he has three more years in the Air Force. Plenty of time to plan and save money! You can see all the photos of the above home HERE. Check it out, it's beautiful.

What has been inspiring you lately?

8 comments:

  1. Seriously, that small house is TO DIE FOR. OMG. I need to go drool over floor plans now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing? I can't believe how great the lady decorated it! I am very inspired by her home and decorating.

      Delete
  2. That ikea video is fantastic. So inspirational. We have someone living in the lounge room of our 1 bedroom flat at the moment for the next two months. It gave me heaps to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what is so great about IKEA. They really make you think outside the box. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the tiny house movement! There's a Tiny House blog that I read regularly to keep the inspiration flowing... one day I want to build my own! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be so awesome to build your own house? I have to say when you wrote a post a few weeks ago about "dreams", I didn't think I could fulfill my dream of traveling. A few days later was when I discovered the Tiny Homes. The light bulb went off over my head. For the first time in my life I had hope that I may be able to travel after all! If I am mortgage free I could afford to go places.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of that series before, might be my next one. I'm totally addicted to the vampire diaries at the moment, LOL. I refused to watch it for so long, caved in and got hooked haha. Oh and I've read about tiny houses a lot, I dream about it everytime I visit IKEA and I see all of those ideas haha. I hope to live in one with my boyfriend hopefully in the nearby future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the Vampire Diaries either. hahaha I don't want to give in. I loved Twilight, so is the only Vampire thing I want to watch. ;) I wish you could get Netflix because I would suggest so other things for you. You two would probably really enjoy Fringe.

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.