12.14.2012

Recipe: 3 Minute Chocolate Cake

This recipe is from Lindsay Nixon's new book, Everyday Happy Herbivore. She posted this recipe as a sneak peek for her new book before it was released. Cody and I had to try it right away. I am so excited to share it with you!

Chocolate Cake 1

Something you should know about me first is that I am not a huge chocolate fan. Yes, I know, there is something truly wrong with me. I have never been a fan of chocolate cake and I always hated chocolate ice cream. Cody fixed this chocolate cake one night because it's so easy to make. It's the best chocolate cake I've ever had and now I crave it. Just what I needed, to crave chocolate cake! Here's how you make it....

Chocolate Cake 2

INGREDIENTS:
4 tbsp white whole wheat flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp nondairy milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
vanilla extract
dash cinnamon
2-3 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
Chocolate Mug Cake - serves 1

Chocolate Cake 3

Place all of your dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
In another mixing bowl put all your wet ingredients together.

Chocolate Cake 4

You whisk the dry ingredients together.
After you have whisked the dry ingredients you can add the wet and dry ingredients together.

Chocolate Cake 5
Chocolate Cake 6

Don't forget to add the chocolate chips! (The best part!!)
Once you mix the chips in well, you are ready to scoop the batter in your mug.

Chocolate Cake 7

Microwave for three minutes (at 1000 watts - if your microwave is weaker or stronger, adjust accordingly).

Chocolate Cake 8
Chocolate Cake 9

This cake is so simple and easy. It's has a very rich chocolate taste. I think it would be great to fix for family and friends during the holidays. It's so good when it's straight out of the microwave and hot. If you try it, please let me know what you think. Even if you aren't vegan, I swear the vegan chocolate chips are AMAZING!! Please try them if you haven't. :)

Full recipe HERE. Lindsay is so awesome!

13 comments:

  1. I love Lindsey Nixon's stuff. Her newest book is "Happy Herbivore Abroad" and I can't wait to get my hands on it. It just came out this past December 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get all her cookbooks! She is like my hero! She is really changing the world with her recipes! Proving that being Vegan isn't that hard.

      Delete
  2. Ooh! That looks yummy! I am a big chocolate fan ;) so this is right up my alley!

    How was the clean up btw? I've made microwave cakes before and they always seem to get stuck to the bottom of the cup and rim.

    atthedogparkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clean up isn't too bad. We just soak it in hot water right away. It does stick to the mug, but if you soak it right away it's pretty easy to clean up! It's so yummy!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh I have a recipe like that too! For the exact same idea haha. But there are no chocolate chips involved, just cacoa powder. Maybe I'll try this too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO hungry.
    Dear god.
    This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! And such a simple recipe! I gotta try this bad boy out!

    ~Ama

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.