12.10.2012

Drunken Xmas Party & A House Tour Video

Over the weekend we got quite some work done around the house. This weekend was also my work Christmas Party. That was an experience. HA! I work with some really great people, but I'm not a fan of loud parties playing annoying music with VERY DRUNK PEOPLE. I was really glad I went though and I laughed so much my face hurt. Laughing at drunk people can be fun when you are sober. It's just going to be strange to see these people at work now and wonder if they will even remember dancing to the horrible 90's song the Tootsie Roll. I took a few photos at the party but they were way too blurry to share on the blog. Anyways, back to our house. Cody ripped up the carpet in our downstairs family room!

Family Room Dec 1

The floor looks gorgeous. There are only a few spots that have some damage. Someday we will need to refinish all the floors in the house, but that's not happening right now. Sorry that the photos aren't the best. We need to add lots of light to the space. I promise the photos will get better. Cody was so organized with his demo to the carpet. He cut all the pieces in perfect sections and rolled them up. Unlike when I ripped up the carpet in our office a few weeks back. I just ripped it all in one big piece.

Family Room Dec 2 Family Room Dec 3 Family Room Dec 4

After pulling all the carpet and padding up we had to pull all the nails and staples out of the floor. It took a long time and we hated doing it. It's just one of those things that you force yourself to do just to get it over with. I did some decorating in the upstairs living room over the weekend also. (That's for another post another day.) I did however make a crappy home tour video. The house is messy and you can see there are many projects happening all at one time. I swear I am O.C.D. when it comes to a clean house, but right now it's useless to even try. If you are interested in watching the video it is over 12 minutes long. My disclaimer: I'm awkward and nervous during the video and use horrible grammar. Enjoy :)

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how you decorate this all! I love the living room, and that your dogs and cats wanted to be involved in the video too haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really like having a bunch of little kids running around. They all wanted their cameo in the video.

      Delete
  2. Cool video. That's a nice 360-degree tour of the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan!!! It will look so different when you visit. :)

      Delete
  3. Those floors are beautiful. It's a crime that people cover their hardwoods with ugly carpet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a crime! And now I have to throw the carpet away :(

      Delete
  4. Great job on the floors! And your video is so cute, you did a great job! I love your tree and white fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wood floors look gorgeous! Waaaay better than the carpet! Good choice! *Thumbs up!*

    ~Ama

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.