12.18.2012

Netflix Must See: Vegucated

Cody and I watched an amazing film on Netflix last night. I had been meaning to do a Netflix Must See post for awhile now, so I am very excited to share this film with you today. It was also great for me to watch since I have been criticized a lot lately in my real life for being Vegan. The film is called Vegucated. The whole point of the film is to answer a lot of questions people may have about being Vegan. It also breaks a lot of the stereotypes that come along with it!

Vegucated 1

The film educates and informs you in so many ways. As I watched the film I felt my heart fill up with hope. The main storyline in the documentary is three people switch to a Vegan diet and lifestyle for 6 weeks. The movie is filmed in New York city and the three "test subjects" are meat eaters,...more like meat LOVERS and eat meat everyday. They were perfect volunteers!

Vegucated 2

The best part of this movie for me, since I am Vegan, was watching these people transform right before my eyes. Go through everything I went through in the beginning. I watched the light bulbs go off over their heads as things just started to make sense to them. When they understood that Vegan wasn't so "crazy" or hard after all.

Vegucated 4
The film gave me so much hope for the future. Not only for myself, but the world. I saw such compassion in these 3 human beings and it made me realize there are so many other people out there like me. :) Also, I should mention that going Vegan was different for me. I didn't do it at first for animal rights, that came later for me. These people pretty much jumped straight into that and it was amazing to watch. I strongly urge you to watch this film. It's also VERY FUNNY. The movie was done so well that it's not offensive or pushy. It's just facts. It will give you the knowledge and information that everyone should have anyways. It's simply inspiring.
Vegucated 3

So did they stay Vegan????
You will have to watch the film to find out! You can however watch this very well done movie trailer below!
Let me know what you think or if you have seen this film!

VEGUCATED trailer from Marisa Miller Wolfson on Vimeo.

I've also came to the realization that people are so scared of CHANGE. After my post last week about Facebook and all the comments I got, it just clicked in my brain. I can't reach people because they are scared of CHANGE. I get it, because I used to be that way. Over the last few years I have been forced to change. So now I embrace change in my life. I get excited about it. What's life without change or fear? We can't all stay the same our whole life and never grow. That would defeat the whole purpose of life really. :)
Visit the Vegucated website HERE.

This post is part of my MAKE A DIFFERENCE series. View more posts like this one HERE.

19 comments:

  1. I seriously know what you mean. I'm not vegan (I do favor more veggies than meat though) but when I talk to people about how we need to change our actions that have been hurting the earth in order to keep living here, they get offended and get mad saying it's not 'their' fault. No it's not anyones fault but ya' know, the system we live in. Society is kinda outdated, and we need to CHANGE to keep up with the changes that are happening quite frequently to our earth. But no one wants that. People are too comfortable and or afraid to change, thinking it'd be resorting back to the 'olden days'. But we have the technology!! We are smarter than this! We CAN change, whether that be becoming vegan, recycling, using less oil, or buying local.

    Yeah...I ranted. Haha
    ~Ama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People just feel attacked if you tell them they need to change. I loved the movie Vegucated because you saw these "everyday people" go through the changes that so many of us need to. Hell, I did it. I used to eat meat everyday and also didn't recycle or THINK about any of my actions having an effect on the planet. A lot of it is lack of information. If more people knew what was happening to animals or the earth they would change I think. That is why I really enjoyed the movie. It gave me hope. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm conciously not watching the trailer because I want to watch it regardless! I don't eat a lot of meat but I always find excuses to keep eating it. "it's easy" followed by "I'm a student" by "I don't have a lot of time" and most importantly, I'm the most picky eater ever. I am trying to change but it's a slow progress. I'm not going to rush myself because it's normal these things take time but I am really positive about being a vegetarian or a vegan. Anyway, I'm going to try to find this movie somewhere because netflix is not available to me (meh). Thanks for the tip! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you don't have access to Netflix. :( I'm always talking about it on my blog and you can't even use it. That sucks. If you do watch it please let me know. Also, if I ever buy it maybe we could mail it back and forth to each other so you can see it. :)

      Delete
  3. I soooo enjoyed this film too! I love when you said, "I watched the light bulbs go off over their heads as things just started to make sense to them." That's how I felt watching it and how I feel now with my parents. I got to watch, and still am, my parents go through the same things. Just today my mom sent me a link about monkeys being made to breathe in cigarettes. That was one of the first things I learned about, once I started learning about animal testing, so it's neat to see her send me those things and see her learn about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also met to mention in my post how as when I was watching the film I would start to say something and the people in the movie would finish my sentences. It was pretty amazing. They FELT everything I feel everyday. It was so encouraging for me as a Vegan to see meat eaters understand EXACTLY how I feel. If only I could make this happen with my family and friends. I believe if you are a person who has compassion for animals, then Vegan is the lifestyle for you. Once you are given the knowledge about the lifestyle, it just works. :) It all makes sense and you live a more fulfilling life. At least it is that way for me.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reminder to try more vegan recipes, and for the movie rec, looks like something I'd enjoy :)!

    Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is really well done. For the most part they keep things "light" but then dive into the things that everyone should see and know. Every person has the power to make a difference in this world and that is a huge message in the film. Very inspiring. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog Megan.

      Delete
  5. WOW, this looks interesting Jessie. But I'm afraid to watch what they do to the animals and I don't have a weak stomach. I may take a peek. Congrats on your journey!

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it's hard to see what they do to the animals. ( I cry everytime. ) Sadly, that's why so many people DON'T know about the issues. Being Vegan though is never just only about animal rights. Yes, it's a huge part of it, but it's truly an investment in your our well being and health. Also, it's saves the planet BIG TIME. :) If you ever watch it please let me know. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. This is going on my to watch list! I might attempt to make Ash watch it, although he sees all forms of me making him watch/read anything vegan related as an insult haha!
    People are scared of change, they're also too scared to know where their meat/dairy/eggs comes from and prefer to stay blissfully unaware! It's so so sad. If most people saw the pain and injustice these animals go through they'd seriously think about turning vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This movie is well done. He would have to see animals being abused though. I cried a lot and it just made my beliefs stronger honestly.

      Delete
  7. Oh dear, I popped here to wish you a Merry Christmas and completely forgot to! Hope you have a wonderful one :)
    I'm making a vegan sausage roast on Christmas day! What're you both having?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't decided for sure yet what we plan to eat. I do however plan to bake some cookies and brownies. :) Isn't that all that matters anyways?? lol

      Delete
  8. Such a cool idea and challenge. It's really freaky if you ever see a truck carrying chickens on the highway - it's really messed up and frightening. ANYHOW! I think your blog is a gerat resource for veganism and conscious eating so I like reading these posts just to be informed.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // fox tote giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am here for! ;) That is very sweet and flattering of you to say and it means A LOT!! The movie is so funny,...and sad, but inspiring.

      Delete
  9. Yes, I need to watch this!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Duane and I watched this yesterday!! Duane was being difficult at first, but as soon as he saw what they did to the animals he started listening. At the end he asked me if I wanted to try going vegan for awhile. He's like, "But I can't give up my cheese!!! I just can't!!!!". So we said we'd try it to see what happens. I'm excited. I'm really shocked Duane was willing to try.

    I'll let you know what happens with our attempt and I'll probably definately have questions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! I will watch this next chance I get :]
    {Em ♥ teatreevintage.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.