3.06.2013

Photo An Hour // Early Sunday & Biking

This is my first Photo An Hour post. In the past I had tried to do it and found my photos too boring. I decided to take these photos over the weekend when I knew we would actually be out and about. I love when blogger's do these posts. I enjoy peeking into their daily lives. I actually did this post because EM from Emma Deer hinted at me doing one. Thanks EM for the motivation! Here is how I spent Sunday March 3, 2013...

PhotoAnHour1 3.3.13 pic1

6AM - Yes, I get up early even on the weekends. 6AM is actually "sleeping in" for me. I love Sponge Bob!
7AM - I love catching up on my blog reading using the BlogLovin' ap on my phone!
8AM - Eating some Shredded Wheats with fresh blue berries and vanilla soy milk! YUM!

PhotoAnHour1 3.3.13 pic2
PhotoAnHour1 3.3.13 pic3

9AM - We decided to drive to Ft. Collins, Colorado to ride our bikes. Warmer weather and less wind there.
10AM - Stitch (my iPhone) in my back pocket in my cycling jersey. Ready to hop on the bike!
11AM - Cycling on the trail. It's so hard to take photos with your phone while you are peddling!

PhotoAnHour1 3.3.13 pic4

12PM - We treated ourselves to Starbucks. It had been a few months since we had it.
1PM - Dragged Cody to the Thrift Store. What a good husband he is!
2PM - Stopped at our favorite bike shop. Cody got a new helmet and drooled over all the bikes that we can't afford.

PhotoAnHour1 3.3.13 pic5

3PM - After no luck at the thrift store, we headed to Plato's Closet. A second hand store with a great selection.
4PM - Back in Wyoming.
5PM - Dinner time. Vegan Sloppy Joes. (Recipe to come some time in the future.)

PhotoAnHour1 3.3.13 pic6
PhotoAnHour1 3.3.13 pic7
6PM - Tea time.
7PM - Sunday is Walking Dead night! YES!!!! Only a few more episodes. :(
8PM - So tired. Time for bed.

I loved doing this. I guess once I had the motivation to do it I didn't find it as hard to pull off. I love holding on to memories from ordinary days. I hope to do more of these posts. Defiantly when I am on my trip visiting family and friends in Ohio. Not everyday is as fun or exciting as this one was. If I did a typically work day I am pretty sure I would get in trouble for having my phone out taking photos. HA! Also, some days I blog for 3 - 4 hours. This was really fun and now I know why so many bloggers do it. Not an original post, but oh well. I am pretty excited about doing them!

Have you ever attempted a photo an hour post?

23 comments:

  1. I always want to do photo an hour posts too but my life is so dull haha. I still love your stitch iphone case! Oh and your alarmclock, so freaking cute. Mine is a hellokitty teacup :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life isn't that exciting! Just pick a day when you are out and about! It makes it fun! I'm so in love with my Stitch phone case! :) I used to have the Hello Kitty teapot clock.

      Delete
  2. Where did you get that adorable Care Bears mug ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found the mug at a thrift store! It was a lucky find. :) thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. I loooove and this idea -- I would have never thought of doing this. I'm thinking about it now though. And hey, that's my blog you shared! You are just the best!!

    Oh and hello absolutely adorable Care Bears mug. I also love your iPhone case. This was really neat to see a day in the life of you. Showing an ordinary day just shows how human the person behind the blog is and that that person has a life, loves, needs, enjoyments. I think readers need that reminder here and there. I think I might really try this. I haven't ever shared a group of photos like this or like your photo a day you do. I think it's because I fear people don't care and I should just stop that silliness, because I care and that's all that should matter since I'd be doing it on my blog. It's also because I come across so many Instagram collage posts and I just skip them because I don't like photo collages since they are so much smaller. Yours are one after the other and big and beautiful. Ya, I think I might give this a go because it was very enjoyable to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharing your blog! It is a favorite of mine. :)

      I always feared my photos would be too boring to share, but really it's no different then my photo a day! I just tried to take neat shots or catch a special moment for me to remember! I can't wait to do it again actually. Also, if you want to post it on your blog you should. People can look at it or move on! I love taking photos, so they go on my blog! :)

      I don't like tiny pictures either! I like to show them off! I have a hard time making my photo a day pictures smaller. But that would be way too many big photos on one post I think.

      Delete
    2. Awww, thank you so much! Yours is a favorite of mine too. Actually I normally bring up yours and few others and read them right away and save the rest for later. :)

      I agree- I looooove taking photos. Some have said I take too many photos. My dad always had a camera on him and so that wore off on me. I think I will try it out. If I tried it out now it really would be boring because for hours straight I've been working on my shop.

      I think you do a wonderful job with presenting your photo a day posts.

      Delete
  4. Photos an hour posts are always fun. I love that you guys drive out to bike, commitment! And thrifting, what-whaaat! And also... walking dead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel! Biking, thrifting and the Walking Dead makes a pretty perfect day! ;)

      Delete
  5. I think it's awesome! I love seeing a glimpse into your life. This is almost identical to how I would spend a Saturday. I'm jealous you guys are already out biking. I'm a wimp and I still think it's too cold for me. Plus I need to take my bike in for a tune up. I read blogs on my phone in the morning too but I use google reader. I should try blog lovin. I only wish there was an easier way to comment when I'm using my phone. It's just so tedious that I usually go back and comment on blogs I read later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Commenting on the phone is hard, you are totally right! The bike ride was cold and we actually had to stop and turn around. Our ears were burning!!!! Thanks for peeking into my life! I can't wait to do more posts like this. Oh and to bike in the cold is super hard without cold weather gear, which costs an arm and a leg!!! Which last time I checked I don't have an arm or leg to spare! Lol

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this a lot! Really cool idea. x

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay! So glad I could inspire you to do this. See, it's not so bad. And I love these little peeks into your life! Your phone case is ADORABLE and I love the floral thrift find! Hope to see more of these from you in the future! :]
    ♥Emma Deer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EM! I love that dress I found. Polka dots and roses! Can't wait to wear it. Yes I will be doing more of these posts. :)

      Delete
  9. That alarm clok! So cute! And your sttich cell phone case is awesome!! I want one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine. I think I love my phone case more then the actually phone it's self!

      Delete
  10. That iPhone case is too cute! And I love your Care Bears mug with the little heart handle!!! It looks so beautiful where you are cycling too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Colorado is such a pretty state. I love biking there.

      Delete
  11. Would love to one day meet up with you and Cody in Ft. Collins, CO to hang out and what not. It's only 4 hours away from us in Grand Junction, CO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that would be a far drive for you guys. I am sure we could go further so you wouldn't have to go as far. We haven't even been to Colorado Springs yet!!! We'll have to see what our Colorado plans are this year and try to do something then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to meet up with you both in Colorado Springs, especially since its only an hour away and I've NEVER been. How far is Colorado Springs from you two at the moment? If its not a bad idea for us both (mileage anyway), we should try to plan to ride bikes there later on in the year (Fall 2013?).

      Delete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.