7.11.2012

Collecting Childhood Toy Figurines

Whenever I go thrifting or antiquing I am always looking for toy figurines to add to my toy collection. I think it's a sickness. Toy figurines are my favorite thing to collect because they are small. You can collect so many and they still all fit in a small box. The newest figurines I have added to my collection are these little guys....

Toys from Ohio 650x400
2 headed Garfield | Smurf with yellow ribbon | Gonzo from Muppet Babies | Blueberry Muffin from Strawberry Shortcake

Toys From Ohio Gonzo

I had been looking for Gonzo for a longtime! I was obsessed with the Muppet Babies when I was a child. This Gonzo figurine is part of a McDonald's Happy Meal set. I am still attempting to find Animal and Fozzie's hobby horse! It's fun hunting for these guys though. Here is a "retro" video of the McDonald's commercial of the happy meal toys.

WARNING: If you were born in the 1980's be prepared to feel old!!!

Then there are the adorable Strawberry Shortcake figurines! StrawberryShortcakeFigures
I love finding these guys. I haven't taken the time to research how many there actually are.
I probably don't want to know! HA!
I usually find toy figurines I need at the Denver Brass Armadillo.
Once the winter and cold weather come back, Cody and I will start antiquing again.
Collecting toys from your childhood is so fun!
What do you collect?

View {most} of my toy collection HERE.
I also collect Disney Vinylmation Figurines, see them HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I used to collect Disney glass figurines. I stopped because I ran out of places to display them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep flip flopping on starting a Strawberry Shortcake collection, but I have no room! I love them!

    I'm more than sure I have Fozzie's horse. Maybe even Kermit & Miss Piggy, too. I never had Animal, surprisingly! I'll check next time I go to my mom's, and I'll give them to you if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your so sweet Gina. I guess Animal was only released in Canada. It's weird though because I have 2 of the wagons that go with him and I saw another on at Brass Armadillo just a few days ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few months ago my husband brought home a huge collection of Strawberry Shortcake dolls to sell on ebay for a coworker. You know the ones that have the scented hair? I may have had to sit and look at every single one (and smell all their hair). It totally brought me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.