2.28.2012

My Ottoman Makeover

After months of trying to find fabric that was affordable, durable and large enough to fit my ottoman, the search finally is over! With the help of my awesome husband the ottoman is recovered and looking good. Here is a reminder of what the ottoman looked like when we purchased it...
My Living Room - Feb 2012
Of course it's no surprise that I would pick a hot pink chevron fabric to cover it with....
My Living Room - Feb 2012
The chevron is a big deal to me because I love the pattern so much, but yet didn't have it anywhere in my house. I don't care if some people hate it or are sick of seeing it. I think it works well on the ottoman and in the room...
My Living Room - Feb 2012
Now if I could only get myself to buy a new pretty gray sofa! That's not happening anytime soon. We love our ugly vintage couch. The empty wall over my sofa is killing me. I have ideas, just haven't been able to apply them yet.
My Living Room - Feb 2012My Living Room - Feb 2012
My living room has so many things missing. I don't know if will ever get it finished. I have blank walls everywhere. I feel if I painted the room, it would feel more homey. This cream/off- white/antique color isn't working for me. Even if I painted the room a bright white it would be better. I also rearranged my Billy bookcase...
Base Living Room Feb2012 6Jonathan Adler Bookends | Vintage Ceramic Kitty Figurine
Base Living Room Feb2012 7Base Living Room Feb2012 8
I still have my sad little sitting corner. I have been looking for some arm chairs to put here. For now I borrow 2 of our dining room chairs, because this is where we eat dinner. We like to watch TV while we are eating. I have thought about doing a photo frame collage corner or hanging some wall shelves for some Vinylmations. I can't decide!!!
Base Living Room Feb2012 9
For now I just keep searching for goodies to put in the room.
Fabric purchased from Denver Fabrics
You can see my original post of the living room {HERE}

10 comments:

  1. Thanks!!!!!! I am so happy with it. Way cooler then a coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Amazing! Hey i saw those cat book ends at the book store and thought they were so cute, you have great taste. When we get finished getting everything unpacked you and Cody should come over for dinner. What night is best for you guys? Maybe like a friday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking have always loved this ottoman. I think its something youll always be able to have and mix into wherever you go. And as for the chevron.. I'm still on team chevron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is AMAZING! It has so much personality. It's definitely YOU! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ottoman looks great! I love the pattern in hot pink. It looks so great with the pattern of your blue pillow. Are you going to slip cover your sofa? Your place looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had that blue pillow for years! If I could sew I guess I could make a slip cover. I just want a new couch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the new ottoman!! I'm a huge fan of chevron and I don't think I will ever get tired of it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dainty floral sofa, but that ottoman is fantastic! I am also craving a mod gray couch, so not in the budget this year. Boo.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.