12.09.2011

Key Lime Green Curio

Things that I am drawn to has changed so much when it comes to decorating. Cody will see me pick out certain things while we are shopping, and he just gives me this look that says,"Oh! Please No! That's not going in our house!" I have been so inspired by other bloggers to buy more second hand items and breath new life into them. In the past I would buy furniture all the time that I planned on painting. Problem was I lacked motivation and time. Things are different now. I try to only have so many projects at a time to pace myself. Last weekend I found this cute little Wall Curio Cabinet for $7.00....
Wall Cabinet Before
The weather was mild enough this week to spray paint out on my patio. I lightly sanded the cabinet because it did have a glossy finish. I used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Spray Paint. First I applied 1 coat of primer. The only color of spray paint I had was Key Lime....
Wall Cabinet Paint
I decided instead of going and buying more paint I would just use what I had. Plus, I love the bright Key Lime green. I applied about 3 coats. Some of the little corners were hard to get and I had to apply more paint to them. I love how bright the green is....
Wall Cabinet Green1
I am very happy with the end result. I bought it with the plan of putting some of my toy figurines in it...
Wall Cabinet Finished
The cabinet is hanging in our front entry by our front door! I still have many projects for the front entry area, so I will reveal it when I get more projects finished.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, this was genius!!! It looks so good!!!! You are very creative!

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love it! I hate anything that is wood. If it isn't bright white or a bright color, I don't want it in my home! lol I can't wait to find some more treasures to paint!!

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.