6.22.2011

Homes used in the Twilight Films

Yes this is a Twilight post. You are either excited or rolling your eyes. I was doing a google search for Robert Pattinson when photos of the house used in the Twilight movie came up. Maybe you aren't a fan and you have never even seen the movies. Well the house is a beauty! The house is actually called "The Hoke House", owned by John Hoke, designed by Sklab Architecture.
twilight-hoke-house4
hoke-house-front-door
edward-ext
The first Twilight movie is my favorite. The more I watch the newer films, I dislike them. I love the first one because it is low budget and I felt it was more true to the story. One of my favorite things in the house is the staircase.
hoke-1
edward-staircase
The staircase leads to Edward's bedroom. I dream of having a house with this many windows!
edwardbella
edward-bedrm1
The kitchen is nice and open!
hoke-house-empty-kitchen
edward-kit2
hoke-house-living-room1
Until today, I had no idea that a different house was used in New Moon. Duh. I feel dumb. I have watched the movies a million times and never caught it. I assumed they used the same house in all the films. Of course in New Moon, there aren't really a lot of "Cullen" scenes. This home was on the market for 3 million dollars!
Vampires-Houses-Twilight-New-Moon1
TwilightNewMoonHouseSale0
New Moon House - Living Room
new-moon-stills
Then I find out that they just build a house in a sound set now. Wouldn't it had just been cheaper to purchase the house above for $3 million and be done with it? lol I guess I don't make movies, so I don't understand how stuff works. It's not like they couldn't of sold it and got the money back.
Cullen House

No comments:

Post a Comment

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.